WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I received a package from Japan containing my new Protrek, the PRW-2500B-3JF. I remember seeing it among the various Casios pictured at Baselworld and was immediately intrigued. Until now I hadn't really been that interested in the PRW-2500 series ... sure I liked that it was a nice upgrade from the 1500 - still 20BAR WR now with duplex LCD. But the crowded display, the free moving compass bezel (doesn't really stay put), and same old sensors, didn't make me pull the trigger. When the olive green case showed up though, with the green camouflage cloth/synthetic leather strap, it all fell together. Everything looks very sharp and very subdued compared to the previous offerings (all metal bits have been blacked out to reduce light reflections). Then there's the slightly green watch face - It's a complete stealth package, but in olive green! Long ago I had an olive green Seiko and lost it years ago .. I am happy to have a new olive green in the mix. Functions have been fully flushed in other reviews, so let's get on with the pics!

The cloth/leather strap is very comfy, much more so than any of my other Protreks with resin straps. The strap moves freely through the adapters but when on the wrist stays put.

I love the different textures on the strap ...

Love this colorway -

Finally, on the wrist - (did I say it is very comfortable?)

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
978 Posts
OOO, me likey! Been meaning to add a Protrek and this might be the one :) Thanks for sharing JonL!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Even though this is a JDM Protrek, as long as TYO is not the home city, it will switch between metric and imperial.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, JonL. Looks like they have a PRG250b-3. None for sale that I can find, but I can wait.

Mike
Cool! I hadn't realized there was also a non-atomic PRG version of this one. That would save some bucks, probably coming from an SE Asia seller. A quick look on Rakuten I found several of the PRW in the $370's. I got mine from Sunknots, I can also recommend e-Bloom. I've used Time-g before too, but this time round they're not the cheapest.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I flipped the prg 250 1A immediately because the band blew. But this band is different. Looks to fit better. I saw eBay with the prw2500s for $290ish. I'm not waiting for the prg.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Looks very sharp, congrats :-!

I really like that colour scheme and maybe would even get one myself (despite my animosity for Casio ABC's) but the 60min. CDT kills it for me... :roll:

cheers

·
Registered
922 Posts
nice much better then the new mudman
Hold on! I got the new mudman in brown, and I must say that it's a really nice watch. Super comfy. Big. Good shades of brown. The older new mudman with the 5 eyes then the next were indeed lame. But the 9300 is great. 9300 raysman better. But that's another story. RIP, raysman.

Mike!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hold on! I got the new mudman in brown, and I must say that it's a really nice watch. Super comfy. Big. Good shades of brown. The older new mudman with the 5 eyes then the next were indeed lame. But the 9300 is great. 9300 raysman better. But that's another story. RIP, raysman.

Mike!!
Could be the new, vibrantly colorful Earthwatch x G-Shock ;-)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wow, I really hope that gets an International release for the multiband 6 model. Drool.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I kind of like it.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have already drooled over one of these on another thread so if u dont mind.........

:drool:

Sent from my mini Galaxy so soz for typos :-\

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have this watch, and it works and looks awesome....I love CASIO'S Protrek / Pathfinder watches I own several, and they are all very nice.
My watches are: 1)PRW-2500b-3K, 2)PAW-1500-1V and 3)PAG-240. I rotate them throughout the week, and they all function and work very well for me. I have used them in real world applications, and they have proven there worth as a invaluable tool. The olive color scheme for the PRW2500B3 is very cool.

Reactions: JonL
1 - 20 of 24 Posts