WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so this is slightly off-topic, but after knocking back a couple of "tornados" at a local Korean gangster bar with Jeff (aka lichmd), I have to say that beyond the simple pleasure that's to be had from my SEAL and hanging out around the forums, making a new friend like Jeff really pays for all. Doubtless we're all great guys here (heck, already I know that Warren is), but since Jeff and I share a hometown, he's the one I've got access to. Oh, and great suit, Jeff Seriously, even Sue was digging it. ;-)

Anyway, here's to Kobold, and here's to WUS. Without either, I wouldn't be calling Jeff a friend. Good to know you, buddy. :-!

Regards,
Adam

PS - Again, congrats on your impending fatherhood, Jeff! It's always good to add a couple of more "Kobold babies" to the fold.

PPS - The 5513 is totally kickarse.

PPPS - I don't know how I missed that the Endurance B was a tri-compax layout. Thanks for bringing it along as well (that's right folks, Jeff wears his watches Mike K. style -- one on each wrist).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thank you brother!
The great thing about WUS is finding folks who have the same deep down emotional tie to their timepieces, a fascination that we recognize in each other and draws us to find others like us.
Adam, from our fist drink at Pastis to our last Tornado tonight, thank you for the education, the time and horologic tie that binds.
I look forward to brunch and to Tornadoes with Warren and Kev.
Next time is my treat!
Oh and did I mention how freakin clean and beautiful your 16880 is?
Cheers
J

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I sense another road trip soon, here and in SF....

Always a good time...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
ahh man, I am jealous, I want a WUS friend in Virginia :)

Sounds like you guys have had a good time and formed one of those instant bonds that noone can explain. You should share that story with Mike, he would probably appreciate it from what I can gather about him.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ahh man, I am jealous, I want a WUS friend in Virginia :)

Sounds like you guys have had a good time and formed one of those instant bonds that noone can explain. You should share that story with Mike, he would probably appreciate it from what I can gather about him.
Might be time to move Jeff.
;-)
To be fair Adam and I got to hang before our NYC GTG earlier this year and got to chat with Mike when he arrived. But we really had a great time yesterday, bonding over family, watches and Tornadoes (the Red Bar has become my neighborhood joint of choice). I know we are planning the Philly GTG right now, but we may have to plan a NYC GTG for September.
Ed when are you coming down? Thanks for those pics the MKII looks great!
Cheers,
J

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
J,
Would love to zoom down to NYC,
I will see the sis for the 4th and should have some plans by then.
Glad the pics helped, great watch I actually have gotten more positive comments about it then anyother watch I own?!

Adam needs to join us I missed him when he was in the Southern Tier
This is the time my family gets to our lakehouse and my son is still swimming, he qualified for the Empire State Games (50 and 100M freestyle,he's a distance guy too so really surprised us)in late July, we are so proud of him. Time is tight but we must make it work only 2.5 hrs down the road.

thanks all the guys/gals for making the endless hours on call go by that much faster
ED

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Haven't yet had the chance to throw a few back and meet people face to face, but I feel a special bond with many of you and will always be grateful for all of your encouragement & support during my long "time out" in 07-08. And just knowing there are others who are as obsessed, fascinated and passionate about those tiny machines on our wrists as I am is comforting :thanks guys

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Ed, you've really got no excuse here... ;-) But seriously, I never wound up being in Vestal long enough to give you a buzz. My mother and I blew through a couple of weeks ago on the way back from her 50th reunion weekend at Cornell, which left us with just enough time to spend an hour with our cousins and the new baby, and then take a close friend to lunch who's helping her sell her house (BTW, we went to that new French joint in the revamped Kilmer Building; great bloody mary and quiche, and the owner's a decent fellow -- for a Parisian ;-)). Unfortunately our schedule didn't leave me with enough time to do do what I wanted to do -- namely, talk turkey with a fellow watch fanatic.

As such, when and if you do make it into the city, the tornados are on me. :-! That goes for you too, Liz!

Regards,
Adam

PS - Glad you liked Red Bar, Jeff. Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it again, given how drunk I usually was staggering out of joint during my misspent youth. Anyway, next time you want to knock back a few after a long day in the office, you know who to call...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
PS - Glad you liked Red Bar, Jeff. Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it again, given how drunk I usually was staggering out of joint during my misspent youth. Anyway, next time you want to knock back a few after a long day in the office, you know who to call...
Definitely.
I look forward to it.

Liz, we are all very happy at how well everything has turned out.
A wonderful thing, this forum.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
man...all these offers for drinks on them..I do need to find some time to get closer.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
That's what forums are about! People sharing common interest. Glad to hear you guys had a good time.:-! I hope that someday The Koboldian wave will reach Illinois. Illinois seems to be a dry state. In Kobolds' that is. :think:

·
Banned
675 Posts
ditto what liz said--i did attend a gtg in pittsburgh--met someone that works in the same building as i do at cleveland clinic--it's a small world--hope to meet you some sunny day
john

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Fun thread--how many Tornados did you have pre-posting, Adam? :-d

I'm really looking forward to meeting Kobold folks at the GTG. This is just a nice, generous and fun group of people, and I'm thankful for that (especially for the nice welcome I got from the PA folks on moving down to the area). I almost don't know what to do with real live friends! ;-) Especially since my time tends to be spent between conversations with a 7mo :-d and being up to my ears in books by dead philosophers :-s :think:

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I think I agree with the philosphies of the 7 month old. Well at least my 5 month and 2 3/4 year old.

The dead guys thought too much. ;-)

The philly area is rich with WUS. And lots of good friends here.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I think I agree with the philosphies of the 7 month old. Well at least my 5 month and 2 3/4 year old.

The dead guys thought too much. ;-)

The philly area is rich with WUS. And lots of good friends here.
You sound more charitable than my dissertation committee--I'm pretty sure typing and defending "a boo-boo-spppppppp...poop-a-doop?" is grounds for *not* passing my defense b-)

DJK

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
give 'em a couple of raspberries like my 5 month old and "NO" like my older, and you are sure to pass :rodekaart

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
How did we go from free drinks and watches to this?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I thought it looked familiar...I see it when I talk and visit Hilltopper these days too

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stop it! Stop it!

You're scaring me........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts