WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I added a stainless shroud to my STO Solar Tuna. The SS shroud is dimensionally the same as the plastic shroud. I thought I’d share a couple of photos of the swap out... I was able to re-use the original screws.
Per the minute hand the process was less than 15min, including the pics :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Awhile back I had swapped the shroud on the SRP453. This is how it compares to the STO>>>

The SRP shroud came from reddeerwatches.com. They appear to still have some of these in stock for these old watches :)

Original shroud pic for reference...

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have tried my baby blue tuna on a couple of bracelets and a few straps and always came back to the original strap,yours looks good with the ss bezel. Mine was an anniversary gift from my wife while we were on vacay in St Thomas. She had asked what I wanted and I said a Seiko diver with a 4R movement and she chose this one :) She is a willing participant in my WIS life and didn't think it strange that I was asking for something based on a part of it you could not even see :) I don't think of it as an old watch, but I guess at 8yo it is for some. This is currently my only Tuna and my only Monster, a solar tuna is def in my future at some point.
bbt bk yrd.jpg

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have tried my baby blue tuna on a couple of bracelets and a few straps and always came back to the original strap,yours looks good with the ss bezel. Mine was an anniversary gift from my wife while we were on vacay in St Thomas. She had asked what I wanted and I said a Seiko diver with a 4R movement and she chose this one :) She is a willing participant in my WIS life and didn't think it strange that I was asking for something based on a part of it you could not even see :) I don't think of it as an old watch, but I guess at 8yo it is for some. This is currently my only Tuna and my only Monster, a solar tuna is def in my future at some point.
View attachment 15886917
That’s a great story behind your watch! It really helps to have your better half assist with WIS pursuits :). I’m fortunate that Mrs AFX is the same... It’s true that 8 yrs isn’t that old for a watch, but I didn’t find mine until 2016 and they were getting kind of scarce. I was specifically looking for this model, SRP453. The dial colors are great, the bisected hands, and the subdivided minute track made this quite a unique watch! And...besides all that, it tells time! :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think she chose it for the gilt markers, hands and blue sunburst, plus it had a 4R. This is another watch she liked and encouraged me to negotiate and buy it, it is 37mm and for me a small watch, I had hoped to convince her to go over her 28-30mm sweet spot, it looks good on her I think, but no go. It is not something I have worn much but it is so gorgeous I enjoy it just the same. Again gilt markers, hands and a blue dial.
LM1212.jpg

1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts