WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
521 - 540 of 12511 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Heh guys how good is the built quality compared to a sumo and a skx?

I don't own a sumo, but I have 2 SKX's. To me, better quality. I say that not to take anything away from the SKX. I like this crown better. And the case caseback is more professionally finished. Meaning it's machined much better. Just two things I noticed right away.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Does anybody know how to get a model with the Roman numeral day indicator?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This may not be the best place for this post to go, but i'm not quite sure where else to look. Can anyone tell me what the Seiko 6309 cost when it was new back in the day?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
my Pepsi has one. it's my impression that the Asian sellers have these vs the American sellers. I also get the
impression that the Asian sourced watches have fewer chapter ring misalignment problems. BTW, I bought
mine from a Honk Kong seller. I'm posting about the Roman date wheel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Heh guys how good is the built quality compared to a sumo and a skx?
Sumo is better than Turtle which is better than SKX IMO.

At least original Sumo. I also bought an anniversary Sumo which wasn't as well finished as my first run orange Sumo, nor does it keep time as accurately.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,012 Posts
The ones that come from Sears are shipped by Seiko USA (for US market only) and is why they won't ship out of the US. Also they have Mvmt Japan on the dial, and are English/Spanish days. The ones shipping from the Asian market have English/Roman days.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sumo is better than Turtle which is better than SKX IMO.

At least original Sumo. I also bought an anniversary Sumo which wasn't as well finished as my first run orange Sumo, nor does it keep time as accurately.

Alex

^^^This^^^
Don't get me wrong... The 77X models are great watches, but my SBDC005 has superior casework and the 615r is an upgrade over the 4r38.

Reactions: AleSKX

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Is there a source for these with a kanji day wheel?

Might have been earlier in this thread or a different one, but i believe a guy in Australia said the AUS market ones were in Chinese characters. This watch was supposedly never going to be sold in Japan, so if that's true would they ever use kanji in it? where can you get ANY 4r/7s divers with Kanji is what i wanna know??

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Having trouble using photo bucket, so I'm trying tapatalks attachment function

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday.

Very nice :)

Amazing and very realistic pictures, gives a real good impression of how they would look (considering I have not seen them yet!)

Any chance of a wristshot? Or a bodyshot from farther away? I am considering getting the Blue/Red pepsi because I already have tons of Black Dial-ed or Black Bezel-ed watches and divers. Something like this:
IMG_28788.jpg Photo by zs3889 | Photobucket

Great looking watch! Cheers!

Reactions: PYLTN

·
Registered
15 Posts
Absolutely in love with this watch. Unfortunately my wrist is only 6 inches wide. Does anybody has a photo on a 6 inches wrist?

I am ready to pull the trigger on it but I am too worried about receiving it and finding out that it is too big for me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Here is mine from 2 weeks ago. Just figured out you need tapatalk to upload a pic. I have misalignment at 6 & 5 o clock. The watch is so beautiful that it does not matter to me. Runs about 2 sec a day slow. Got mine at Time Zone in Costa Mesa. Well i guess I didn't nt have enough posts to be able to upload a picture

521 - 540 of 12511 Posts