WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
581 - 600 of 12482 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
For those of you who have canvas straps, can they get wet? I love the look but not if I can't dive with it.

Reactions: Jeep99dad

·
Registered
38,266 Posts
For those of you who have canvas straps, can they get wet? I love the look but not if I can't dive with it.
It depends on the strap. Many have just a thin layer of canvas on leather and I would get those in the water. They also fray on the sides.
Others are all canvas and doubled at the edges. They can do in the water but not sure how the glue in the middle will hold up over time. I've worn a few of mine all true canvas in the pool without issues. Some color canvas may not like highly chlorinated water though, it may change the color :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

Reactions: Doug507

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I've literally not worn another watch since getting my 779 and now 775. These are highly, highly addictive. Can't place it or put my finger on it, but these watches are simply a home run, despite my couple of small nitpicks.
need pics next to your other seiko / GS diver please.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Loving the turtle, I would love for Seiko to release one like this with a higher quality brushed finish on top, a laquered bezel, and an applied Seiko logo. Diashield too. I'd pay $800.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a 777!!! Thanks Sears!!! lol
I was torn between the 775 and 777. The dial on the 775 is perfectly subdued but the bezel looks too bright. Too "Goldie." Heh.
Anyway, very excited!!!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but maybe in order to distinguish these from the original turtles these should be dubbed the ninja turtles.

View attachment 6622250 View attachment 6622258

There are 4 of them and the ninja bit kinda fits with the whole sumo, shogun vibe.
^^^THIS^^^

I've been thinking the same thing!!!

The 773 should be Leo. The 775 is Mikey. I think the 777 should be Raph, and the 779 Donnie.

The two other models coming can be Bebop and Rocksteady!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a 777!!! Thanks Sears!!! lol
I was torn between the 775 and 777. The dial on the 775 is perfectly subdued but the bezel looks too bright. Too "Goldie." Heh.
Anyway, very excited!!!

^^^THIS^^^

I've been thinking the same thing!!!

The 773 should be Leo. The 775 is Mikey. I think the 777 should be Raph, and the 779 Donnie.

The two other models coming can be Bebop and Rocksteady!!

You know i've given this more thought than i probably should have. I think you have to go by color for the names if they're going to be named after the og turtles. That would have to make the 773 Leo, the 779 Raphael, I'd give the 775 Michelangelo, which would put Donatello as the 777.

as far as other models i'd nominate the shredder as a name but bebob and rocksteady work too.

we all know who Master Splinter is...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Reactions: PYLTN

·
Registered
126 Posts
You know i've given this more thought than i probably should have. I think you have to go by color for the names if they're going to be named after the og turtles. That would have to make the 773 Leo, the 779 Raphael, I'd give the 775 Michelangelo, which would put Donatello as the 777.

as far as other models i'd nominate the shredder as a name but bebob and rocksteady work too.

we all know who Master Splinter is...
I considered making Raph the Pepsi but those colors don't suit him... They're too fun. Plus red and blue combined make magenta soooo. Anyway, I feel all black suits Raph.

To further illustrate that I have too much time on my hands, Casey Jones should be the 007... Him and Raphael are very similar. Heh!

The other two models should still be good guys, such as Usagi Yojimbo, but since there are two, B&R work well.

You're too right on Splinter!!!

Now, who's April O'Neil? 🏼

·
Registered
67 Posts
I considered making Raph the Pepsi but those colors don't suit him... They're too fun. Plus red and blue combined make magenta soooo. Anyway, I feel all black suits Raph.

To further illustrate that I have too much time on my hands, Casey Jones should be the 007... Him and Raphael are very similar. Heh!

The other two models should still be good guys, such as Usagi Yojimbo, but since there are two, B&R work well.

You're too right on Splinter!!!

Now, who's April O'Neil?

Well I didn't think about the blue and red combining so that makes more sense now. I just see the red part on the pepsi and thought that has to be ralph. Don't sleep on Donatello though. My reasoning for giving him the 777 isn't just because theres no purple, it's also because he is the smartest turtle and the 777 is the smartest pick! (well, to me anyways). I also thought about casey jones and april o'neil but i think those names may be to basic for a watch nickname but if they catch on i'm all for it haha.

On a non-80s-cartoon note, I'm looking to get a nato for mine and i'm wondering if anyone here has owned both a maratac and a zuludiver?
I've had a few maratacs and never had a problem but i don't know anything about zuludivers except they seem to have good reviews, but do they stack up aganist maratac?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
For those who have bought watches from Watches88, could you be so kind as to fill me in on a few things? I'm getting desperate to order a sweet 773, but no UK / EU sellers seem forthcoming so I'm thinking of biting the bullet and ordering from Watches88, but what I want to know is:
  • Do they ship from Malaysia or US (I assume Malaysia)?
  • Have people been hit by customs fees? Which courier did you use?
  • Has anyone who ordered from Watches88 suffered the dreaded bezel dent or misaligned chapter ring?
  • Does anyone know what their returns policy is like? From reading the website, it seems I'd have to pay full return shipping if I got a dud (see above).

·
6,957 Posts
581 - 600 of 12482 Posts