WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
601 - 620 of 12482 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was really keen on the new turtles, especially after ALL THAT HYPE U GUYS CAUSED.
I went out like a happy parent, shopping for new shoes for the unborn kid.
I got my dealer to save a black/gold but never got to see it - he, being a perfectionist, had rejected all batches because of the flaws. (bezel, chapter ring..)

I decided to give up waiting and went out to hunt for a turtle.

Collection Watch Auto part Fashion accessory

It appears that ALL the SRP775 and SRP777 have badly aligned chapter rings! However, the SRP773 and SRP779 have some considerably perfect ones.
But after trying on 1, I decided it wasnt for me. It looks terrible on me! OH THAT OVERHANG. After wearing a tuna for so many years, this just doesnt seem good enough:( Someone mentioned that plastic-y egg looking lume..yes thats what it looked like. And those tiny words at the bottom of the dial.. (not the logo and AUTOMATIC DIVER TEXT) And these, in the photo I captured, were already from the second batch and considered 'better than the previous ones'.

I SOUND LIKE A SPOILT BRAT AND IM DISAPPOINTED. Im giving up on this one:(

P/S: Anyway as some were asking; they all in Hong Kong are on a roman date wheel. HKD2400 for the ones on bracelet, and HKD2250 for those on rubber.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I was really keen on the new turtles, especially after ALL THAT HYPE U GUYS CAUSED.
I went out like a happy parent, shopping for new shoes for the unborn kid.
I got my dealer to save a black/gold but never got to see it - he, being a perfectionist, had rejected all batches because of the flaws. (bezel, chapter ring..)

I decided to give up waiting and went out to hunt for a turtle.

View attachment 6815858

It appears that ALL the SRP775 and SRP777 have badly aligned chapter rings! However, the SRP773 and SRP779 have some considerably perfect ones.
But after trying on 1, I decided it wasnt for me. It looks terrible on me! OH THAT OVERHANG. After wearing a tuna for so many years, this just doesnt seem good enough:( Someone mentioned that plastic-y egg looking lume..yes thats what it looked like. And those tiny words at the bottom of the dial.. (not the logo and AUTOMATIC DIVER TEXT) And these, in the photo I captured, were already from the second batch and considered 'better than the previous ones'.

I SOUND LIKE A SPOILT BRAT AND IM DISAPPOINTED. Im giving up on this one:(

P/S: Anyway as some were asking; they all in Hong Kong are on a roman date wheel. HKD2400 for the ones on bracelet, and HKD2250 for those on rubber.
Can I ask which shop that was?? I'm taking the family to HK in a few months and I really want to fit in some watch shopping :-!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hi Everyone b-),

I was scrolling through the posts and realised that many people in the UK/Europe have trouble getting these new Seiko Turtles, one poster (i'm not sure where but i vaguely remember this) mentioned that their Seiko dealer said they won't be brought into the UK/Europe for quite some time, and they aren't sure if they are even going to in the future. While i'm sure these will somehow make their way into the UK/Europe in due time, there are currently few dealers offering them for sale and the quality control has been sporadic.

I'm an International Student studying in Manchester, and am heading back home for a short 2 week break in Singapore. From what I last heard from friends / dealers, Singapore has a very healthy stock of Seiko Turtles.

Anyway, I offered to help one of the posters (Nash66), by purchasing and bringing up a Seiko Turtle for him to the UK and he will be picking it up from me personally (COD) in Manchester

I would like to open up the offer to the rest of the WUS members on this forum, with some conditions of course

- Please add your name to the list below if you would like to be included
- I looking at charging £20 per watch (£25 if you need it posted to you) do the following (paid into my PayPal account):
  1. Firstly, this ensures that I won't have any 'dead buyers' and end up sitting on a few extra Seiko Turtles (although i'm sure I should be able to sell them off in due time)
  2. I will personally go to the store and purchase a Seiko Turtle of your choice (773, 775, 777 or 779)
  3. I won't charge a mark-up - but will be keeping the £20 per watch if you pay COD, and £25 per watch if you need it posted to you
  4. I will personally ensure (to the best of my ability) that the common issues are not present (Dented Bezel around the pip, Misaligned chapter ring)
  5. I will be personally handcarrying these watches up to the UK, Manchester. I will do my very best to ensure that they are well taken care of.
  6. Upon full payment into my PayPal account, I will either have these watches sent out by Post (from Manchester) to you in the UK/EU, or you can always pick them up personally in Manchester (COD) if you prefer
  7. If for some reason the watch is out of stock, I will promptly refund your £20
  8. I fly out tomorrow morning on 27th January 2016 and arrive back in UK, Manchester on 15th February 2016.
  9. I don't have a confirmed price for the Turtles yet as I've yet to check with the dealers, but i'm getting one for myself and will of course try to get the best price, also i'll provide the full receipt so full transparency there :)

In the main turtle thread and this thread below, the common issues are discussed and I (like any watch collector) will rather not take the chance of having any of these issues (even if they may be rectified, which Sears.com does not seem to be doing, it will most likely be more trouble than its worth):
Sears.com Turtle Buyers Be Warned, Horrible Customer Service

**This is purely just an open invitation to anyone who might be interested, I think the terms are quite fair, and as a student I would be able to make some extra cash :) (win win for everybody)**
**Sign up (ON MY MAIN THREAD), and if there are enough people interested I will give out my PayPal address so we can get started**
Main thread here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/**-a...ng-new-seiko-turtles-*look-here*-2819986.html

I've bought an sold quite a number of watches on these forums (more expensive pieces including such as Breitlings, Ball watches etc.).
So you have full assurance that i'm not trying anything dubious, just trying to help the community (& myself) out.
If you do a search for my username you will find good reviews/feedback, these are some:

Illition is a Great Buyer!
illition - honest buyer
Super-smooth deal with illition

·
6,957 Posts
eBay seller named uncleseiko. Not the best quality but it sure looks sweet! Just search for "waffle strap SRP777" (or any of the models). He markets them for the turtles.

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: gshock626

·
Registered
781 Posts
I managed to pick this one up from watches88.com.
Thanks for the info. How long did it take to get to the UK? I've been waiting on my 775 for the past 20 days and nothing! Starting to think it got lost/stolen in the mail...already contacted HoChuan and they opened a claim with Malaysia Post. Not sure if I should start to think about opening a claim in PayPal.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thanks for the info. How long did it take to get to the UK? I've been waiting on my 775 for the past 20 days and nothing! Starting to think it got lost/stolen in the mail...already contacted HoChuan and they opened a claim with Malaysia Post. Not sure if I should start to think about opening a claim in PayPal.
Ordered my Saturday, I had the watch sent by FedEx and it arrived today.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong but is that supposed to be 4 in Roman Numerals? Is it not supposed to be IV?
Depends. It's an old watchmaking and clockmaking tradition to use IIII instead of IV. On the dial, it is done both for legibility and symmetry with the Roman numeral for 8 (which is, of course, VIII). Also, use of IIII instead of IV was accepted throughout antiquity and the Middle Ages. So Seiko's use of IIII instead of IV is perfectly acceptable. Whether you like it is up to you.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong but is that supposed to be 4 in Roman Numerals? Is it not supposed to be IV?
My guess is that Seiko is following the traditional print layout of Roman numerals on the dial, where "IIII" balances out with "VIII" on the dial. Of course, doesn't make much sense to transfer this dial-tradition to the date-wheel, but there it is.

EDIT: Oops, Sevenmack beat me to this info in his post!

Sent from my slingshot using Tapatalk

601 - 620 of 12482 Posts