WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
7821 - 7840 of 12511 Posts

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
Thanks to all who advised on my question about the crown still winding as it screws in - your advise was much appreciated :)
I've now resized the bracelet so that it fits comfortably - and had the usual fun rounding up the pin retaining collets!
Fortunately my Turtle is still running pretty much at +/- 0 seconds per day which I'm more than happy with and I think the gold accents really work well against the steel and black giving a slightly vintage look to the watch.
All told it's a great watch for the price point - thanks to all previous posters in this thread for getting me interested in trying my first Turtle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Welcome aboard.

Is there anything you don't like about it? Because there's a rabbit hole called modding.

·
Premium Member
14,839 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Here is my 777J model on a Mr Sailcloth grey stitch. Easily getting the most wrist time in my collection at the moment. I have a strapcode oyster on the way as well to swap occasionally as the drilled lugs make it so easy. All watches should have drilled lugs imho.

View attachment 13292771
I've had my ninja on a similar Sailcloth strap for the last 7 mo. Great straps.

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Thanks, also.

Off to Chrono24 with this info.
Just beware bro that the one in the pic has an aftermarket coin edge bezel so if you wanted that exact look youd have to get it modded.
Looks fantastic both ways imo, the stock and the coin edge looks great, the grey turtles beautiful, a real looker and great choice.

Check out www.watchrecon.com too

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Just beware bro that the one in the pic has an aftermarket coin edge bezel so if you wanted that exact look youd have to get it modded.
Looks fantastic both ways imo, the stock and the coin edge looks great, the grey turtles beautiful, a real looker and great choice.

Check out www.watchrecon.com too
Thanks Cobia. That's one of the problems that I'm having with Seikos is telling what has been modded or not. I hadn't noticed the bezel which looks great now that you've brought it to my attention.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a blue turtle and one of the lowest prices says "Possible manufacurer chapter ring and bezel misalignment within the normal margin of error" in the description. Seller is trying to stop returns but I don't think Seiko states what "normal margin of error" is.

Got me thinking though that maybe I could score a used Turtle with slight bezel misalignment for a good price. Don't think it would bother me that much if I could find one cheap enough.

7821 - 7840 of 12511 Posts