WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
7841 - 7860 of 12499 Posts

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a blue turtle and one of the lowest prices says "Possible manufacurer chapter ring and bezel misalignment within the normal margin of error" in the description. Seller is trying to stop returns but I don't think Seiko states what "normal margin of error" is.

Got me thinking though that maybe I could score a used Turtle with slight bezel misalignment for a good price. Don't think it would bother me that much if I could find one cheap enough.
Unfortunately, it’s not a load of crap. The seller is just being upfront, forthcoming and honest.

While Seiko doesn’t state or publish any tolerances, they don’t perform warranty work on these. So that is them saying that it’s within spec or normal margin of error. We just don’t know how that’s determined. Do they measure? Or just eyeball it?

·
Premium Member
13,845 Posts
While Seiko doesn’t state or publish any tolerances, they don’t perform warranty work on these. So that is them saying that it’s within spec or normal margin of error. We just don’t know how that’s determined. Do they measure? Or just eyeball it?

Good to know. Having a misaligned flange is one my worries when buying online. Probably should check what it costs to get one repaired by a local watchmaker and factor this into the total cost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another turtle arrived today... Seiko SRPC91 'Save the Ocean'. Essentially identical to my SRP777 and SRP779, but lovely blue gradient color and black crown and bezel sides. Definitely a keeper, though I really like all of the new SRP turtles. Great looking, great performing, and relatively inexpensive.

Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

Fills a hole in my Seiko box nicely...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

(though I think the gen I orange monster might have to go... Never gets worn)

·
Premium Member
14,834 Posts
pfb;46525001 [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
13303707[/ATTACH]

(though I think the gen I orange monster might have to go... Never gets worn)
Within three minutes of this post I'm sure you started getting PM's for offers to buy you Gen1 OM. ;)

7841 - 7860 of 12499 Posts