WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
7881 - 7900 of 12511 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pic is a WIP

Just a quick word of warning for anyone considering a double dome from Crystaltimes, pic related is a CT072 with blue AR. It is more a mirror than a glass. The reflection is absurd and I'd totally send it back if I could. Its kind of bizarre that nobody's mentioned it yet from all the people in this forum with the same crystal mod.

I recommend you grab a sapphire flat crystal, honestly.
?????

it depends on one's preference AND the angle you're looking at your watch face.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
For those with blue Crafter Blue straps for your turtle is it actually blue or black? I ordered a blue one, it came in and I took a picture and sent it in telling them they shipped black instead. They sent me another one and it looks exactly the same. Have they messed up twice or am I color blind? I have no issues distinguishing the two in anyone else pictures. If this is blue it's extremely dark navy. I'm so confused.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
In the second picture they look dark blue. Have you tried to see what they look like in sunlight.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
when I look at my domed sapphires, my wrist and eyes are going to automatically give me an angle where i'm going to see it best, w/o reflections -- this i believe is the purpose of it... as for photos, unless you very specifically go for angles and backgrounds to reduce reflection, you're going to get angles with reflections (almost all settings outside a professional studio setup). but the sapphires don't exist to have nice photos taken of them, they exist to be read clearly to tell time, and they deliver on that. i can choose to angle it to catch light and dazzle my eye, or I can choose to look at it and read the time clearly. there's just a lot in between those two things.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
KS, I tend to agree with you. I did a CT double dome (with AR) mod but after a while switched back to the stock flat hardlex. The reflection from the double dome crystal was just too much for me. I guess to each his own.
Pic is a WIP

Just a quick word of warning for anyone considering a double dome from Crystaltimes, pic related is a CT072 with blue AR. It is more a mirror than a glass. The reflection is absurd and I'd totally send it back if I could. Its kind of bizarre that nobody's mentioned it yet from all the people in this forum with the same crystal mod.

I recommend you grab a sapphire flat crystal, honestly.

View attachment 13323393

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Man

Oh man

My name is Maddog and I am a seikoholic....

It has been 23 minutes since my last Seiko purchase......

I have avoided turtles up to now, playing instead in the tuna world plus a few other Seiko adventures....kinda jumped from the SKX and missed the turtle completely.

I have owned cushioned case watches, but somehow managed to not have any turtles...

Then I got a turtle mini, which on bracelet is a rocking piece, well balanced and slight chapter ring alignment issue aside, a great watch.

Then the “save the ocean” turtles started showing in the thread.......

Oh man

Now I have a gilt and “save the ocean” inbound!......

Man I hope I hate them!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man

Oh man

My name is Maddog and I am a seikoholic....

It has been 23 minutes since my last Seiko purchase......

I have avoided turtles up to now, playing instead in the tuna world plus a few other Seiko adventures....kinda jumped from the SKX and missed the turtle completely.

I have owned cushioned case watches, but somehow managed to not have any turtles...

Then I got a turtle mini, which on bracelet is a rocking piece, well balanced and slight chapter ring alignment issue aside, a great watch.

Then the “save the ocean” turtles started showing in the thread.......

Oh man

Now I have a gilt and “save the ocean” inbound!......

Man I hope I hate them!
are you the same Maddog in Head-Fi?

7881 - 7900 of 12511 Posts