WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
12201 - 12219 of 12219 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

It's a Crystal Times "Mother of All Domes", riding about 9mm proud of the case. Really difficult to photograph without glare interfering from somewhere. It also magnifies the dial which allows reading the date a bit easier.
dP
View attachment 16029583
View attachment 16029585
Wow Dan! Looks cool!! At first tho, was it, “hmmmmm, did I over dome??” You know how you get used to something a certain way, then you make a small change, and then it seems bigger then you realized ? I got my teeth cleaned yesterday, yea yea I missed the last appointment because of bad bad fires here in the west, and kinda forgot to reschedule….I didn’t think my chompers were that plaqued, but today feels like a HUGE difference, lol. Kinda like that.
I really also like the bezel. Almost slims it down some ?
The dome makes the date easier to read you say….hmmmm man, I have got to wear reading glasses all the time now, that’s a huge plus!
“Mother of all domes”, love it!
Cheers, Dan
-Mark

Reactions: Dan Pierce

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was runnin' through a Macys at lunch today. Couldn't resist stopping and laying down the 40 year old next to a young 'un! No purchase made though. :whistle:
View attachment 16028425
Was runnin' through a Macys at lunch today. Couldn't resist stopping and laying down the 40 year old next to a young 'un! No purchase made though. :whistle:
View attachment 16028425
View attachment 16028425
Good call, Lou!

There ain’t no way, that watch of yours could ever be replaced by a new one. You can’t BUY, patina and character like yours has…

We should go into business together, buy a cement mixer with gravel in it, to have people pay us to add character and battle scars to make watches look more interesting…

They sell new jeans with holes in thwhy not?

Reactions: Lou P

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Wow Dan! Looks cool!! At first tho, was it, “hmmmmm, did I over dome??” You know how you get used to something a certain way, then you make a small change, and then it seems bigger then you realized ? I got my teeth cleaned yesterday, yea yea I missed the last appointment because of bad bad fires here in the west, and kinda forgot to reschedule….I didn’t think my chompers were that plaqued, but today feels like a HUGE difference, lol. Kinda like that.
I really also like the bezel. Almost slims it down some ?
The dome makes the date easier to read you say….hmmmm man, I have got to wear reading glasses all the time now, that’s a huge plus!
“Mother of all domes”, love it!
Cheers, Dan
-Mark
Thanks again.

I bought it purposely because it was the largest dome I could find. Ironically, you can hardly even tell the dome is that exaggerated when worn. You have to look at it from the side to even take much notice. The pics make it look more pronounced.
dP

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks again.

I bought it purposely because it was the largest dome I could find. Ironically, you can hardly even tell the dome is that exaggerated when worn. You have to look at it from the side to even take much notice. The pics make it look more pronounced.
dP
Not that you need my opinion, but I think it’s cool as hell.
thank you for sharing this with us.

While I have you, I might have missed It, but who did the work for you?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Not that you need my opinion, but I think it’s cool as hell.
thank you for sharing this with us.

While I have you, I might have missed It, but who did the work for you?
I do the work myself. Modding has become a addicting hobby, but it sure is fun.

And I forgot to respond to your comment about the polished coin edge bezel. It's also from Crystal Times. Due to the top bevel it does appear a bit more slender. It fit perfectly and I always remove the click spring so it's bidirectional.The bezel gasket keeps snug and it never moves unintentionally.
dP

·
Registered
124 Posts
28D9CA7A-A679-4131-9E40-15DA26ACB1CB.jpeg
I do the work myself. Modding has become a addicting hobby, but it sure is fun.

And I forgot to respond to your comment about the polished coin edge bezel. It's also from Crystal Times. Due to the top bevel it does appear a bit more slender. It fit perfectly and I always remove the click spring so it's bidirectional.The bezel gasket keeps snug and it never moves unintentionally.
dP
Hats off to you, that’s impressive. Long ago, I was super into bicycles, and was constantly messing with all sorts of them.
Watch internals are so small!! Eyesight would most certainly be a challenge, and limite pd coffee for sure! Plus we got cats that would love to play with wheel springs or forgot what they are called…anyways, all adds up to a bad idea!
I watched a few YouTube videos on how mechanical watches work. Fascinating.
I couldn’t find the exploded view I was looking for. But some of those 3 speed rear hubs were packed with parts.
Little machines !

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
View attachment 16030847 View attachment 16030847
Hats off to you, that’s impressive. Long ago, I was super into bicycles, and was constantly messing with all sorts of them.
Watch internals are so small!! Eyesight would most certainly be a challenge, and limite pd coffee for sure! Plus we got cats that would love to play with wheel springs or forgot what they are called…anyways, all adds up to a bad idea!
I watched a few YouTube videos on how mechanical watches work. Fascinating.
I couldn’t find the exploded view I was looking for. But some of those 3 speed rear hubs were packed with parts.
Little machines !
Pretty funny you showing the breakdown of a bicycle hub cause I happen to be a cyclist!

It's kinda weird but I have no trouble diving into watches [except disassembling movements], but leave all the bike work & [most] adjustments to the bike tech.

And yes, after that 2nd cup of coffee landing the second hand on the center stem can be a bit challenging.😆 But Seiko movements are pretty simple, robust, & forgiving.
dP

·
Registered
124 Posts
Pretty funny you showing the breakdown of a bicycle hub cause I happen to be a cyclist!

It's kinda weird but I have no trouble diving into watches [except disassembling movements], but leave all the bike work & [most] adjustments to the bike tech.

And yes, after that 2nd cup of coffee landing the second hand on the center stem can be a bit challenging.😆 But Seiko movements are pretty simple, robust, & forgiving.
dP
[/QUOTE

That’s funny.
There is that movie Doc Hollywood, with Michael J Fox years ago, forgettable movie, but there was a scene where he got into a car accident in a small town in the middle of nowhere. He took his Porsche in to get fixed at some backwood mechanic.
When he picked it back up, the mechanic gave him this box you could hear parts rattling around. What’s this?
“oh, I always have some parts left over !”

That would be me, working on my watch...

No future questions Dan! Glad I bumped into you.
Peace

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I'm going to list my PADI Turtle with a Jubilee and blue rubber bracelet. Creating a listing tomorrow. If there is interest, feel free to message me. Listing and pics coming tomorrow.

12201 - 12219 of 12219 Posts