WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop what you are doing right now.

Sell every watch you own and buy this one. Then live out the rest of your life and die happy.

This may not just be the ultimate Casio, but perhaps even the ultimate watch (for me, at least).

If you could spec out your ultimate watch, what would it be?

For me, it would be a chunky stainless dive watch on a thick, oyster style bracelet. It would have a clean, classicly-styled dial inspired by the iconic Rolex sport watches. Of course it would also have a uni-directional rotating bezel.

It would need to have at least a 100M water resistance rating. A day and date display. And then throw in some "must have" features like multiple alarms, a light and a second time zone. Might as well also make it solar-powered and have automatic atomic time synching.

Oh, and make it readily available for under $200.

That's the WVA320j-1e. Stunning engineering and classic good looks that work everywhere from the beach to the boardroom. All at an unbelievable price that anyone can afford.

I will be selling my $2000 Omega X-33 and possibly even my beloved G-Shock GW-M5600 (horror!) because of this amazing watch.

WVAWrist.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
O.k.- the Wave Ceptor line is a decent watch for the money- BUT -I wouldn't be selling off my collection just yet. I do agree that all those features , including atomic/solar - at that price point- make it a watch worth lookin' hard at. I on the other hand, would go more 'sporty'- like a 'Helix Octo". (Not sure how that would look with a suit ? )

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats the first Casio Ana/Digi I've seen where the light actually works for the LCD screen instead of just casting a shadow over it. Nice watch to boot!

·
Registered
460 Posts
dibs on the X-33!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I will be selling my $2000 Omega X-33 and possibly even my beloved G-Shock GW-M5600 (horror!) because of this amazing watch.
Let's not get carried away. ;-)

It's a half-decent watch for the money. No more.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
My ultimate casio would be a 200 series Frogman with a band and bezel made from the same real carbon-fiber-impregnated resin as the GW-s5600. I like the look of the carbon fiber frogman, but this would be REAL carbon fiber. I would make it have a full titanium case and caseback. Even the buckle would be titanium. Every metal part would have DLC coating, including the entire case, bezel screws, buckle, etc. The backlight would have to be custom for this model. I would like the display to be positive and I would like the time to be displayed when the stopwatch or timer are running. Also, I know this is a 200 series frog shape, but I would like it to be atomic.

Oh, and it would retail for $250.

That would be my perfect Casio.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Why dump your collection because you bought another nice affordable watch?
why not? perhaps because, to him, that affordable watch may actually be superior and more useful to him than the majority of the watches in his collection. It satisfies him to the point of realizing that he doesn't need the others in his collection. It might not be so for you, but that's probably how he feels about it.

If that's the case, I can understand him. When I finally achieved a G-2000, I actually had zero desire to buy another G-Shock again. To me, it was as perfect it could possibly be as a G-Shock. A simple and obscure 90 dollar watch made me more happy to wear than all the other watches I had owned combined. The Frogman didn't make me as happy, the riseman didn't make me as happy, GW7900... no, not even that one. They're all newer, more advanced, more expensive... yet I didn't enjoy them as much as I did with the G2000. I actually have sold off a great majority of my G-Shocks now. I still have a few kept as beaters, but right now I have a total of just 5 G-Shocks. That's a drastic drop from the 20-ish I had before.

I still love G-Shocks. I love seeing what new and crazy concoction Casio will come up with, no matter how silly or farfetched it may be. Rubies, hyper colors, pink, bluetooth... it doesn't matter. I'm not buying it, so no need to complain about it. I can actually respect the person who does buy it even more. Casio took a risk at selling it, despite the negative public approval. The least I can do is respect that buyer who took the same risk, despite the negativity around the watch. They don't care what others think and that makes them more cool.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Shhhh I have a deal working for my Casio... That X 33 will be here before you know it. (NO TAKEBACKS).

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The Omega X-33 is a very special watch. It blows this Casio away in terms of functionality. Appearance wise, it's apples vs. oranges. But in any case, congrats on your purchase. I wouldn't liquidate any of your other watches yet. I think part of what you're experiencing is "acquisition exuberance". It'll wear off in a bit... and then it comes down to which watch(es) you feel compelled to grab and wear more than others. That will pretty much tell you which one(s) is(are) your favorite(s). But that doesn't mean you should let your #2, #3, and #4 watches go. Diversity is the key to pleasure.

Anyway I really do like this watch. The model is WVA320DJ-1E (WVA320J-1E is with the rubber wristband). It actually reminds me of a vintage Citizen. For a long time, Casio has had its own distinctive styling, but this one encroaches on existing designs outside the brand. Citizen used to be a big pusher of the bottom anchored rectangular LCD on an analog watch, but moved away from it. Personally, I kind of like it. And it's nice how the hour hand barely obscures the view.

I searched a little on this watch and discovered that it has 3 alarms and a split lap stopwatch. Too bad there's no countdown timer. And sadly, this is only a 2-band for atomic timekeeping (US & Japan, so Europe is out of luck). How loud is the alarm, relative to your other watches?

Here's the CASIO website link, in case anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts