WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

401 - 420 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Did you happen to get a Duality? I'm a bit surprised to hear that the Duality wears larger. What do you think gave you that impression?
You either misread or you mistyped

While the Sector Field measures 38mm, it's pretty much all dial. The inner rotating bezel of the white (the black wears truer to its size) draws your eyes to the smaller inner dial, making you think it's smaller. The lugs also curves downward so it follows the shape of the wrist more naturally. By comparison the lugs of the Sector are a bit more pronounced and chunkier - suits the style of the watch well but makes the watch look and wear bigger.

·
Registered
903 Posts
None of the divers appeal to me - the black bezel ala-oris65 doesn't work for my taste. Conversely all of the field variants are lovely. I'm immediately drawn to the green dial but the white and black aren't too shabby either.

I'm sitting this one out for now but I've no doubt I'll be getting one once I've managed to cull my collection to about 6 or 7.

Here's what the white dial looks like on a 6.5" wrist (wears bigger than the 40mm Duality)...
Those cut outs look way more red in your photo than in the website photos. Maybe a change was made?

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Has there been a beadblasted case with polished chamfers before?
I had to double check on the bead blasting...

I remembered seeing bead blasting in the early tease pics but not yesterday.

Now looking through the variants it seems the dive are brushed cases and the field blasted. The bracelets also appear finished to match the cases. Neat detail to distinguish the models.

Not sure which finish I prefer...BB always looks so great and toolish, but brushing also looks right at home on a diver too.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You either misread or you mistyped

While the Sector Field measures 38mm, it's pretty much all dial. The inner rotating bezel of the white (the black wears truer to its size) draws your eyes to the smaller inner dial, making you think it's smaller. The lugs also curves downward so it follows the shape of the wrist more naturally. By comparison the lugs of the Sector are a bit more pronounced and chunkier - suits the style of the watch well but makes the watch look and wear bigger.
Thank you! Yes I mistyped...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Those cut outs look way more red in your photo than in the website photos. Maybe a change was made?
I noticed that too but that was a proto that I tried, not sure how close to production it was, but yeah it's possible that they changed it. I have to say that I prefer the pop of red on the proto.

Now looking through the variants it seems the dive are brushed cases and the field blasted. The bracelets also appear finished to match the cases. Neat detail to distinguish the models.

Not sure which finish I prefer...BB always looks so great and toolish, but brushing also looks right at home on a diver too.
Right now I prefer the BB but long term I'm not sure. I'm impressed that they didn't obly beadblast the case, they also polished the bevels. I don't see that too often (or at all?)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: polished bevels, after noticing this on my Seaforth, I really started to admire cases that come with this detail. The sector seems to be another great example of this.

·
Registered
903 Posts
In for one field and one diver. I'll give the all-black numberless bezel on the skin diver a chance.
Intrigued by the blog post which advises that both pilot and dress versions are coming to complete this as an entire series using the same case and covering all basic watch varieties or "sectors." Somehow I get the feeling I will end up with a full set.

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
A good read as usual on the recent Blog from Nodus about the sectors.

Colour me intrigued about the pilot. I’ve always wanted to like pilot watches but haven’t found one yet I like enough.

Thinking over the sector dives and still the dualities myself, nice to see all the models out now to compare.

Avalon on the wrist today.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm partial to pilots as well... Wondering if it will be too similar to the field

·
Registered
903 Posts
Wondered that too. I'm thinking maybe the pilot will be "B-dial" style to differentiate. And I'm guessing the dress will have pip or stick hour markers. Maybe roman numes.
We'll see ... 2020 I guess.

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Old news with the sector and duality on the scene these days but the Avalon is still one of my favourites.

Such a great case.

It’s clear that Nodus are putting lots of effort into their cases watching the duality and sectors come out. I love an aesthetically interesting case that wears well and that seems to be the case () with their latest releases.

·
Registered
167 Posts
gre.jpg Avalon is my favorite too. First picture uploaded on here. Sorry about the blue in the picture but its my second love.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey i.jpg

This is my favorite Avalon. I wear it almost everyday. Its my go to for everything. I love the gray and SS.

·
Registered
167 Posts
View attachment 14734371

This is my favorite Avalon. I wear it almost everyday. Its my go to for everything. I love the gray and SS.

Reactions: Rabirnie and ck2k01

·
Registered
167 Posts
clasp.jpg

Cleaning up a couple scratches. Second time around, even sharper, especially going back and polishing the chamfered edges. Always more work for those looking for it.

Reactions: ck2k01
401 - 420 of 752 Posts