WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1261 - 1280 of 1305 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Right on "kpjimmy" -- I'm really enjoying the AV2 -- Lovin' the BOR combo - I wish they hadn't dropped the bronzo so close to this release. A glut of great watches coming to market. I can't deal 😩 😃

View attachment 16596157
It looks good on bor, but isn't the new bracelet it came on an excellent bracelet
that they improved from the original avalon?
--
In theory, what strap would look best on the avalon blue bronze?
I don't think the black does it any favors, but maybe a brown leather ;):unsure:
Just curious what bronze case would go with, that would look awesome...
even though I'm probably sitting this one out.
Thanks

Reactions: Riddim Driven

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It looks good on bor, but isn't the new bracelet it came on an excellent bracelet
that they improved from the original avalon?
--
In theory, what strap would look best on the avalon blue bronze?
I don't think the black does it any favors, but maybe a brown leather ;):unsure:
Just curious what bronze case would go with, that would look awesome...
even though I'm probably sitting this one out.
Thanks
Bronze with blue tropic or single pass nato. A denim strap, or a MN style strap. I know hardware may be an issue with natos and MN straps. I used to pair pvd hardware with bronze watches.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
matching blue fkm rubber, maybe...or tropic, but those aren't really THAT nice looking, imo.
a light, reddish brown leather strap might look good on the bronze and blue dial.
I don't know...which is why I'm asking.
BUT it's a real turn-off not having a great strap option that comes with it already with no work or hassle...though I'm sure Nodus would let one get it on one of their leather straps instead of coming with the black strap shown...that DOESN'T match or look good at all, imo.
---
While I'm on a stream of consciousness, does anyone know how to get
"snowflake" Tudor style hands, silver bordered, with BGW9 lume, that works with
a Sellita movement? I am thinking of getting snowflake hands to replace the
hour, minute, and second hands on this Steinhart GMT (and leave the GMT hand in place):
You would think it would be easy to find, but it isn't. Either they are for Seiko movements, have a different color border than silver, or are a different kind of lume. THANKS
(I know this question doesn't really belong in this thread, but I don't know which thread it DOES)

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
View attachment 16596157
matching blue fkm rubber, maybe...or tropic, but those aren't really THAT nice looking, imo.
a light, reddish brown leather strap might look good on the bronze and blue dial.
I don't know...which is why I'm asking.
BUT it's a real turn-off not having a great strap option that comes with it already with no work or hassle...though I'm sure Nodus would let one get it on one of their leather straps instead of coming with the black strap shown...that DOESN'T match or look good at all, imo.
---
While I'm on a stream of consciousness, does anyone know how to get
"snowflake" Tudor style hands, silver bordered, with BGW9 lume, that works with
a Sellita movement? I am thinking of getting snowflake hands to replace the
hour, minute, and second hands on this Steinhart GMT (and leave the GMT hand in place):
You would think it would be easy to find, but it isn't. Either they are for Seiko movements, have a different color border than silver, or are a different kind of lume. THANKS
(I know this question doesn't really belong in this thread, but I don't know which thread it DOES)
Hey "WN600" -- You're at again. "Streaming consciousness" (y) You could buy this Steinhart & have a watchmaker swap the hands for you, then flip the watch you're not keeping. Steiny w/ snowflakes
You could write to Steinhart & Gnoman and ask if they have means of customizing for you. Regarding sourcing the hands, I'm sure it can be done. Post in the "Steinhart" forum on here.

Regarding BOR on AV2 -- The stock bracelet is plenty good, but I had a vision (streaming consciousness) of the BOR. The short lugs allow for aftermarket straight end bracelets. The white dial is pretty smart, and I just wanted to dress it up a bit more.

"kpjimmy" had some good examples of strap ideas for the Bronzo. I'm not so good at pairing straps, so I can see how it would lend pause. Various blue rubber dive straps would work. There's the perfect leather out there somewhere ;) I think I'm probably out of the running on the bronzo. Just can't swing it right now.

Hey, did you get the blue Steinhart. I haven't seen you post in the thread you started. Been curious what happened?
Good luck with you "snowflake" project. Do you have the Steinhart GMT yet?

OK, back to the regularly scheduled broadcast 😃

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Everyday carry

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
RD, watch out for a private message in the next hour or so.
That's nicer than here.
But, in short, that thread ended with me buying the deep blue Steiny!
(and I'm only thinking of the black/red Steiny GMT...
and how I can make it more special,
like with snowflake hands. Otherwise, I don't need or want
another black watch & 3 Steinys with the exact same mercedes hands and magnifying date window.
WM

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
^^^ Regarding the Black strap on the AV Bronzo. It is for water use and has a rubber component to it. Being a diver, selling on leather detracts from the purpose I expect.

The Nodus Hybrid "TecTuff" rubber strap in white -- Black version on the Bronzos

Watch Analog watch Product Silver Clock

·
Registered
401 Posts
can anyone comment on the Nodus Hybrid "TecTuff" rubber straps? They look sweet and curious if they are a "step up" from a barton hybrid strap. They are cheaper than the CW hybrid straps and trying to gauge if they are worth checking out. thanks!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
can anyone comment on the Nodus Hybrid "TecTuff" rubber straps? They look sweet and curious if they are a "step up" from a barton hybrid strap. They are cheaper than the CW hybrid straps and trying to gauge if they are worth checking out. thanks!
I personally would say a slight step up from bartons.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
The Nodus "TecTuff" is a nice strap in as much as it's very pliable, and the material it's made of is very aquatic 🙃
I prefer the CW hybrid strap as it's a bit more substantial, and it doesn't taper. The CW seems to have 2 very different materials top & bottom, more fabric like top, and rubber bottom. What I didn't like about the CW is it took me a while to get it to break in and fit comfortably. Had it rolled and rubber banded for weeks 😀

The "TecTuff" is a step up from Barton, but the TecTuff is a crowned strap, meaning it's height is in the center for part of the length near the lug end then flattens out. The taper is too much IMHO and I'm not sure it's the best choice for the heft of the Avalon vs other Nodus offerings, which I think it may be better suited.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Nodus "TecTuff" is a nice strap in as much as it's very pliable, and the material it's made of is very aquatic 🙃
I prefer the CW hybrid strap as it's a bit more substantial, and it doesn't taper. The CW seems to have 2 very different materials top & bottom, more fabric like top, and rubber bottom. What I didn't like about the CW is it took me a while to get it to break in and fit comfortably. Had it rolled and rubber banded for weeks 😀

The "TecTuff" is a step up from Barton, but the TecTuff is a crowned strap, meaning it's height is in the center for part of the length near the lug end then flattens out. The taper is too much IMHO and I'm not sure it's the best choice for the heft of the Avalon vs other Nodus offerings, which I think it may be better suited.
Thanks for the thorough response. Much appreciated. I decided to pick up the Nodus strap :)

1261 - 1280 of 1305 Posts