WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

581 - 600 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Question: If you equate the build quality/finishing/etc of a Zelos to a mainstream watch brand, who would they go head-to-head against?

"It's as good as getting a watch from [ _ _ _ _ _ _ _] " fill in the blank.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I wish those Axios field watches launching tomorrow were Zelos branded. They have a look and specs that I wish the Horizons 39 field had.
Don't ask me why it matters to me. Not sure I can explain it even. WIS neurotic reasons.

Since Axios is a sister brand of Zelos, I had to jump in for this venture, me, and 400 others in less than 1/2 hour. I'm leaning towards something I have yet to add to the collection, a salmon dial.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
That 4mm thickness reduction in the v3 HH is pretty significant. 13.5mm seems almost too thin for such a chunky looking diver.

Obviously I’m still weighing whether to get in on this tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That 4mm thickness reduction in the v3 HH is pretty significant. 13.5mm seems almost too thin for such a chunky looking diver.
Maybe I'm an odd duck, but just because I like one model from a company, doesn't mean I like them all, even if they many do fall within the same design language. Zelos is very recognizable with their designs, and do a lineup with all their models, it's easy to see that there is a familial resemblance across the line. However, that said, personally, I find only some of the models appealing. The Mako, particularly, but the Blacktip also has a lot going for it, and upon a time I was completely enamored with the Nova.

And then they decreased thickness of the Mako... I'll try another, thankyouverymuch. The If I could fault the v1 and v2, it was the thickness. Hoping the v3 suits me better. And while the HH3 is indeed significantly thinner, still just not to my taste. If Elshan ever does another blacktip release, I'll be taking a hard look at them, however...

Not just Zelos, either - love my NTH Sub, none of their other models do it for me.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #595 ·
Maybe I'm an odd duck, but just because I like one model from a company, doesn't mean I like them all, even if they many do fall within the same design language. Zelos is very recognizable with their designs, and do a lineup with all their models, it's easy to see that there is a familial resemblance across the line. However, that said, personally, I find only some of the models appealing. The Mako, particularly, but the Blacktip also has a lot going for it, and upon a time I was completely enamored with the Nova.

And then they decreased thickness of the Mako... I'll try another, thankyouverymuch. The If I could fault the v1 and v2, it was the thickness. Hoping the v3 suits me better. And while the HH3 is indeed significantly thinner, still just not to my taste. If Elshan ever does another blacktip release, I'll be taking a hard look at them, however...

Not just Zelos, either - love my NTH Sub, none of their other models do it for me.
You make a good point. Zelos used to be on the chunky side of watches and now there's an appeal to both sides. I love the Nova design but the size doesn't work on my wrist. I can't do the 40mm Mako but i'll take a Great White if it ever pops up again.

But personally some of the dial designs on the recent releases are starting to blend together which is why I am hunting down older models.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The 4mm thickness reduction is very misleading.

13mm is without the crystal but they're comparing it to previous gens' total thickness with crystal at 17mm.

An apples to apples comparison would be the 13mm vs 14.5mm. Still cool but not 4mm cool.

Unless they're comparing it to the chrono

That Burnt Orange looks nice though.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The 4mm thickness reduction is very misleading.

13mm is without the crystal but they're comparing it to previous gens' total thickness with crystal at 17mm.

An apples to apples comparison would be the 13mm vs 14.5mm. Still cool but not 4mm cool.

Unless they're comparing it to the chrono

That Burnt Orange looks nice though.
I don't think so. On the individual watch pages it clearly states that a 13mm measurement is sans crystal and doesn't state a specific comparison to the HH2. But on the overall HH3 "Collection" page and in the announcement email it says the total thickness (assumed to be with crystal) is 13.5. This view suggests that it is only that .5mm extra, so still way under the HH2 overall thickness:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I don't think so. On the individual watch pages it clearly states that a 13mm measurement is sans crystal and doesn't state a specific comparison to the HH2. But on the overall HH3 "Collection" page and in the announcement email it says the total thickness (assumed to be with crystal) is 13.5. This view suggests that it is only that .5mm extra, so still way under the HH2 overall thickness:
View attachment 15854861
Reviews on YouTube say it's 15mm with the crystal.

Edit: I looked up reviews of HH2 that said total thickness is 18mm.

Edit again: I see reviews of HH2 that say it's 17mm, some say it's 17.5mm.

I could've sworn the HH1 I owned a while back was only 17mm but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Original hammerhead was 17mm, 14.5 without crystal. Looking at the profile shot of the new one compared to my v1 the savings are all in the bezel, it's far shorter assuming the rest of the case is about the same.

581 - 600 of 760 Posts