WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose:

1) You had to start over your collection for some reason (insurance company paid you full dollar) which will be your first watch?

2) You can only take ONE watch with you to start a new life, whether it's a new job, business, marriage, going overseas etc. which from your collection will you take!

Here are my choices

1)

2)

(Appropriate pic for starting over, hopefully in a beach sipping martinis somewhere)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Interesting question.... (note, I didn't read the bit about the second watch being one we have to own right now!)

For myself:

1. The new Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000:

Rolex-Seadweller-001-700x350.jpg

2. Tudor Black Bay (though I hate to think like this since the majority of my watches are gifts which I would really hate to lose)

20130827_155829.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK. I will play.

Question #1. NOMOS Tangente Gangreserve. I figure with a new start to the collection, I would go with something other than divers, which is most of my collection now. lloking for my new collection to be a little more "classy".
nomos_zpsdabfb528.jpg

Question #2: Rolex DateJust, it is probably the only thing in my collection worth keeping :(
giftwatch450x800_zps99f330d7.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
It is really only a choice between a Seiko SNA090P and a Sinn 556i for me. The Sinn is the better watch, but the Seiko is from my late great uncle and I would probably put the insurance money toward part of a Sinn 356 anyway. Seiko it is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
This for both points

Reactions: Crunchy and richnyc

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I gotta say, it wouldn't be my most expensive watch, or my most complicated, it would be the regular old PO steel:

IMG_1536.jpg

Reactions: wwarren and Crunchy

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Lange for 1
Patek for 2

Attachments

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
a dust filter for my Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro.... and this:

and I'd be ok...

·
Registered
486 Posts
1)GS SBGX061
SBGX061-L.jpg

Pic borrowed from from official site

As much as I'd like an Exp II I don't think I could part with the money.

2)Ball Trainmaster 60 Seconds. My wife and I got his/hers for our 11th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts