WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maybe something like this ... I think this could have been seen as a futuristic piece at the time and matches the design esthetic to an extent.... orient disk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was lead to believe all Star Fleet commissioned officers had a positronic based micro-chip time keeper implanted in their cerebral cortex that is synchronized for GMT -8 (PST - San Francisco/HQ). However all NCO's, enlisted, & passengers were issued a G-Shock - Atomic ;)!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
obviously they would wear apple watches. built in communicator, relative time management, even the weather on the next planet. Not to mention that SpaceX and Apple will be providing everything we need to live in space.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just stumbled on this. Sorry about the crappy photo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Didn't Captain Kirk drop his watch and accidentally flush it along with the Captain's Log? If memory serves me, it was then broken down into it's constituent molecular form and recycled into a tricorder.

Someone had to make that joke, may as well be me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Here's a watch complication I haven't seen, but which would be fun:

A second time indicator (inner dial, separate hands -- I'll leave it up to the watchmakers) that lets you adjust the time for another planet.

Let's say you're taking the weekend on Saturn. In addition to the 24 hour earth time, the watch could also display a day as 10h 42m, which is the length of a day on Saturn.
Yeah, however, the Saturn perpetual calendar is quite expensive.

·
Registered
Citizen Monocoque, perpetual date 2008
439 Posts
My idol, Captain James T Kirk didn't need a watch. He decided what time it was.

I guess the rest of the crew also had an innate sense of time.

Reactions: Bill Adler

·
Registered
463 Posts
I can't think of this guy's name but he is seen here wearing a watch. Perhaps an oversight by the wardrobe people.

Or he could be someone who's into watches. Something the people on this forum should know about.

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts