WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't think I've seen this one on the forums before, and some may say that makes sense. :D It's a bit of an acquired taste I admit, but I found this at the Amsterdam Waterloo Square fleamarket for $10 and I couldn't resist. It came on a stainless bracelet but I didn't like the look so I put it on a 20mm black nato. It has a quartz movement and, after some TLC, runs perfectly fine now. The watch reminds me a bit of that brand Storm, only more spartan and industrial. I like wearing it, it's comfortable and has that oldschool 'eighties sci-fi thing that I love. Blade Runner anyone? ;)

jump1.jpg

jump2.jpg

jump3.jpg

The lever on top twists, to reveal the hour and minute dial below.

jump4.jpg

jump5.jpg

Now, I haven't found a single reference to my specific watch online, so I'm guessing it's an early model.

Some general info, according to the Alexander Hi-Tek website:
"Alexander Tasou, designer of Hi Tek Designs started what he calls his "project" from as early as the 80's, bringing industrial design and surrealism to his accessories. Sunglasses, hats, masks, belts, watches, clocks, bags or briefcases, any of his designs or accessories, are never "in"or "out" of fashion.

Alexander made his "debut"in the 80's when he entered The London Clothes Show in Kensington with his collection of surreal Telephone bags, which had the receiver of a Bakelite telephone as the handle and the dial as the buckle.
His equally surreal collection of watches followed the success of the telephone bags. Today, a museum of watches in France, Ville de Besancon carries a range of Hi Tek Alexander watches as part of their permanent collection.

Alexander's designs have been used by the film industry, mainly in science fiction films, and his accessories used by famous artists in the music industry either for performance, video shoot or magazine covers. His most famous work is in the promotional teaser video clip of Michael Jackson's HISTORY. Well known films which used Hi Tek Designs is Judge Dredd and Demolition Man.
"

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
It's a bit weird looking, but it certainly gets lots of points on the unusual and unique scale. Hope you get lots of enjoyment from wearing it!

·
Premium Member
39,789 Posts
That is pretty weird. I like it, but don't think I'd wear it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
HooWhee! If any of the American Homland Security types got a glimpse at that, they'd have you taken down in an instant for wearing some sort of high tech detonator. You would lose the watch, your underwear, your shoes and maybe even your dog. Can I call Dibs?

·
Registered
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pretty crazy watch.
I like it.

I've come across some of his watches before.
I like the style, but I don't like the little stick figures that he seems to put everywhere.

Keep enjoying it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts