WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just got this. Y'all calm down now. I had some money in my PP account which is why part of the refund is going there and part of it is going to my bank account.

DigitalRiver US Inc refunded $204.96 USD from your purchase on November 11, 2020.​
$95.24 USD will be refunded to your bank account ending in XXXX. It may take a few days to appear on your statement. If we can't refund the money to your bank account, we'll refund it to your PayPal balance instead.

$109.72 USD will be refunded to your PayPal balance.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,776 Posts
It was as if a million voices suddenly cried out...

Seems funky that anyone who reached out to customer service was assured that this was just a backorder.
Like I said on page 2, post #25. Customer service reps are trained to give "assurance" and not provide actual solutions to the problems. I say this personally as a former customer rep. Our "performance scores" rely heavily in the chat surveys at the end of each chat.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Just got my refund as well. I guess happy ending?
No, not a happy ending. It was a waste of everybody's time and handled extremely poorly by Casio.

Like I said on page 2, post #25. Customer service reps are trained to give "assurance" and not provide actual solutions to the problems. I say this personally as a former customer rep. Our "performance scores" rely heavily in the chat surveys at the end of each chat.
The CS rep that helped me earlier at PP got my credit done on the spot. He actually fixed the problem.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,776 Posts
No, not a happy ending. It was a waste of everybody's time and handled extremely poorly by Casio.

The CS rep that helped me earlier at PP got my credit done on the spot. He actually fixed the problem.
Yep this was embarrassing considering this is an official Casio outlet store.

OT: I am sure the CS rep who helped you push through the refund transfer was a Support (Tier 2) agent or a Team Leader. Normally, refunds can't be issued that fast unless it was escalated to a senior agent.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,090 Posts
I got no back order email, no communication other than the PayPal refund email. I guess they are refunding all of us and there wasn't anybody that actually got the watch.

Just got my refund as well. I guess happy ending?
nope, the "happy ending" would be "they have my money and I have a GW5000 on my wrist". This is ending is only a step better than "they have my money and I have no GW5000 on my wrist" :p

Yep this was embarrassing considering this is an official Casio outlet store.
I agree. Whoever agency handling the web site dropped the ball here.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If anyone is still looking for a legit deal, a seller from Japan in eBay is selling it for $290 with free shipping.

The seller has positive feedbacks and appears to be reputable.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Seller selling the GW-5000 for $290 is legit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
And now it seems that Seiya Japan no longer has the GW5000 in stock. Anyone know when Seiya will get them back in stock?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
He does have good reviews I might go for it, idk something about buying a watch on eBay/amazon sketches me out, there have been a lot of fakes on both websites.
When ebay started collecting tax, I stopped buying from there. Even for international purchases.... How the eff can that be legit??!??!??!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
He does have good reviews I might go for it, idk something about buying a watch on eBay/amazon sketches me out, there have been a lot of fakes on both websites.
He's from Japan and has been selling watches since 2011.

If he was selling fakes, he would've been called out for it sooner in his feedback page.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you're paying attention and know anything about the GW-5000 you knew this was a possibility from the jump. A popular JDM only model for 2/3rds the normal price on the US Outlet? It never made sense even from the beginning. Even before considering how it was in and out of stock over and over again. It was a screw up. Not sure how it happened, but, it happens.

I ordered at 9:30am (ish) on 11/11 and got the canceled email just before noon today.

Kinda cracks me up that the 'reason for cancelation' is 'Other' haha.

If you paid thru PayPal give it a day or two. My experience as a seller offering refunds is it takes a bit. PayPal will take your money instantaneously but when it comes to giving it back it takes a little longer. Even after the seller presses the refund button it takes a day or two for the customer to get their money back.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, it was a punt from the start. A Japan only model, on the US outlet site, just didn't make any sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone have any idea when Seiya will restock them? Like 4 days ago they had them and 3 days ago they were out of stock, 2 days ago they had them again and now they’re out again so I’m not sure how long it could be.

81 - 100 of 158 Posts