WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
Anyone have any idea when Seiya will restock them? Like 4 days ago they had them and 3 days ago they were out of stock, 2 days ago they had them again and now they’re out again so I’m not sure how long it could be.

You can use this web page to contact him. Seiya understands English and back when I ordered my GW-5000 a few years ago, he replies within the day and will notify you to your email once the items are in stock.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I'm sorry this deal fell through, fellas. I was rootin' for you guys on this one. On the bright side, at least you have $200 you can spend on another watch as consolation. The addiction is real. :p

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm sorry this deal fell through, fellas. I was rootin' for you guys on this one. On the bright side, at least you have $200 you can spend on another watch as consolation. The addiction is real. :p
I just bought a $300 knife (the most expensive I’ve ever bought, but it’s literally the exact knife I would make myself if I had the ability) while waiting to see what would happen so my $200 is going back in the bank. So really, I bought a $100 knife!

·
G-Shock Mod
14,085 Posts
I just bought a $300 knife (the most expensive I’ve ever bought, but it’s literally the exact knife I would make myself if I had the ability) while waiting to see what would happen so my $200 is going back in the bank. So really, I bought a $100 knife!
LOL

Does math works that way? I need to teach my wife that kind of math :D

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I am disappointed about not getting the watch

But more disappointed in Casio as I expected Casio to step up and take responsibility for the issue. I can understand with Covid things are different. I am willing to give Casio a pass on shipping and processing delays due to the pandemic but to not have any of the things in stock and to cancel the order with no apology that said they made a mistake is exasperating. I was looking forward to using that watch as a holiday gift for a family member. Now I had to make a different arrangement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone actually heard from them? I emailed them 2 days inquiring about it, still haven't gotten a reply

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes. I got an email back from their Casio USA customer service department ( with a response to basically why we all got screwed on this watch ). This was their response -

“I am sorry; unfortunately, there was a glitch with our fulfillment center due to a system error. Orders were moved to backorder; however, there was not enough product to fill the orders. A cancellation notice was issued relative to this order that are in receipt of at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

So - that’s all I think we are going to hear. I think that’s piss poor customer service and I would never even think about buying from their “outlet” ever again after this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can anyone confirm actually getting one? There standard response makes it seem like they had some, but I'm not so sure that's the case

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm honestly surprised so many people seem to expect a personal apology from a huge corporation because they didn't sell you something they don't normally sell. They made a mistake, it wasn't personal, it's not like they came to your house and kicked your dog.
Really a simple acknowledgement and explanation is all that's needed when you make a mistake in the real world.

When someone cuts you off, and they do the hand wave as a sorry, it just softens the blow.

Mistakes happen, as always, but if you just ignore it completely when you make a mistake, I dunno what to tell you

As an edit, I should add. They put it up as a black Friday special, and at a discount. It's not like the computers messed up. And they left it up for over a week.

It's not like they tripped, and stumbled into us on the street on accident.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Really a simple acknowledgement and explanation is all that's needed when you make a mistake in the real world.

When someone cuts you off, and they do the hand wave as a sorry, it just softens the blow.

Mistakes happen, as always, but if you just ignore it completely when you make a mistake, I dunno what to tell you

I just don't expect a corporation to act like a person. Seems like that kind of thinking will lead to a lot of disappointment in life.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just don't expect a corporation to act like a person. Seems like that kind of thinking will lead to a lot of disappointment in life.
See that's where we disagree. If we just let the corporations do whatever they want, and get away with whatever they want, where do we end up?

Probably in the situation we are in now, where corporations don't care, and do as they please.

It's not unreasonable to want something better from something, whether it be a person, or a corporation.

But that's probably a discussion for another forum.

·
Registered
848 Posts
don't be a sour puss if the deal ain't gone your way

if something is too good to be true - then - if you believe it and take it and it happens: you should feel blessed and fortunate, and say: DREAMS DO COME TRUE

if you take the deal, and it doesn't happen, just say OH WELL ... and move on

life is too short to dwell into some bad deals, after all it is just a watch - and your money will be back into your account

what are you? FOOL or DREAMER ?

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
Can anyone confirm actually getting one? There standard response makes it seem like they had some, but I'm not so sure that's the case

Based on the email response that @mbnv992 received, I do believe they had a few in stock, but not as much as they expected. I think they definitely didn't expect WUS members to come flooding in and order more than they had in stock.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yes. I got an email back from their Casio USA customer service department ( with a response to basically why we all got screwed on this watch ). This was their response -

“I am sorry; unfortunately, there was a glitch with our fulfillment center due to a system error. Orders were moved to backorder; however, there was not enough product to fill the orders. A cancellation notice was issued relative to this order that are in receipt of at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

So - that’s all I think we are going to hear. I think that’s piss poor customer service and I would never even think about buying from their “outlet” ever again after this.
Agree 100%. The whole thing was handled so unprofessionally, they've lost a customer. Not like they'll care. At least the refund hit my Visa account this morning.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Corporations are simply a collection of people. Casio screwed up and could have easily sent an explanation and apology via email to those who ordered this watch. They chose not to do that and you choose to support that failure in customer service.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Handled pretty badly by Casio. If they oversold they should have just fulfilled the extra orders with new stock. They have the means to do so, and lets be real, they would still make a profit.

Now there are a lot of people who won't bother buy from the store again because they will assume it is a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Handled pretty badly by Casio. If they oversold they should have just fulfilled the extra orders with new stock. They have the means to do so, and lets be real, they would still make a profit.

Now there are a lot of people who won't bother buy from the store again because they will assume it is a waste of time.
I would imagine the manufacturing cost of the 5000 is maybe $30-40 tops. The company should have done the right thing and chose not to. This hurts them, thanks to social media, far more than their short sighted and poorly handled decision to cancel everyone's order.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts