WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had a funny feeling about it so I sent them an email requesting a cancellation before they started breaking our hearts. Bastards! Jk.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
haha you guys are hilarious 😂. youre carrying on like a bunch of karens waving a coupon at the store clerk demanding something for $15 instead of $150 cos a printing error at the newspaper cut off part of the 0 🤣

since when does any outlet have scores of the exact same item, let alone a rare model (on usa soil) that would have no problem selling at full retail?
even when the system is obviously glitching out (no surprise when a bunch of ppl repeatedly try to buy the same thing) you still think youre entitled to something more? 🤷‍♂️

have you ever tried buying from nike during a major sneaker release? theyre way bigger than casio but they dont waste their time with personal replies and detailed explanations of the faults, you get your money back and thats it.

you lost a customer! im never shopping here again! ....even tho ive only shopped here from zero to two times before!!! 🤣
i bet if they popped up on the site again, you'll all be right back there trying again. you're prob on the site right now hitting refresh "just in case" 🙄😂

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’ve worked retail for 15 years and what the Casio Outlet store did was a sham.
I stood by what I said before and I, along with many others, won’t be shopping from that site again.
That was slightly different than a “coupon with the 0 cut off from a newspaper”. This was a full fledged error on their part. The fact that it took them almost a week to cancel customers orders is simply unacceptable. If you think this is good business practice, then maybe you are part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Wow... I hadn't checked into this thread in a while. I almost ordered one (because the price was so good), even though I already had one. But, in the end, I couldn't justify buying ANOTHER one just to buy one (at a good price).

I feel bad for those who got their hopes (justifiably) up to acquire this very nice watch. It sucks.

Though, I cannot help but remember the GRIEF I got for DARING to complain about the EXACT same thing happening to me with what turned out to be a rather popular online dealer. This was when I was new on the forum, and it became abundantly clear that I had stepped on some sacred toes. But, yeah... a popular dealer sold me a watch that wasn't in stock (but listed as in stock and took my payment). I was told, "It happens." And, I was excoriated for bringing it up.

Truly sorry to hear about all the folks getting a raw deal here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just finished reading all the pages of this gw5k “outlet” debacle.

Just a quick story I had with Nike. I remember about 3 years ago when I bought a pair or air Jordan retros and they stated in their description of the shoe it had zoom air cushioning system in the heel and forefoot. Someone leaked a pic of the shoe being manufactured only showing cushioning in the heel and not forefoot. Also someone decided to de-construct the shoe only confirming the story. We contacted Nike saying they false advertised and we should get a discount. After a phone call the rep gave us a code for 20% off next purchase. Nike knew they screwed up and CS “fixed” the problem.

Casio (outlet?) should do something similar for something they knew all along was an error on their part.

Everyone should contact Casio and at least demand a discount for future purchase just to hold them accountable. It’s clear someone dropped the ball, now prob fired and they never had the product at all ready to ship, then prolonged the problem by saying it’s back ordered. Shady on so many levels.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

Just a quick story I had with Nike. I remember about 3 years ago when I bought a pair or air Jordan retros and they stated in their description of the shoe it had zoom air cushioning system in the heel and forefoot. Someone leaked a pic of the shoe being manufactured only showing cushioning in the heel and not forefoot. Also someone decided to de-construct the shoe only confirming the story. We contacted Nike saying they false advertised and we should get a discount. After a phone call the rep gave us a code for 20% off next purchase. Nike knew they screwed up and CS “fixed” the problem.

Casio (outlet?) should do something similar for something they knew all along was an error on their part.

Everyone should contact Casio and at least demand a discount for future purchase just to hold them accountable. It’s clear someone dropped the ball, now prob fired and they never had the product at all ready to ship, then prolonged the problem by saying it’s back ordered. Shady on so many levels.
Completely different scenario. Nike kept your money in exchange for a product that wasn't as advertised. Casio didn't keep anyone's money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Completely different scenario. Nike kept your money in exchange for a product that wasn't as advertised. Casio didn't keep anyone's money.
So you’re saying everyone’s happy and satisfied at the end since Casio refunded everyone’s money? Fair enough.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
So you’re saying everyone’s happy and satisfied at the end since Casio refunded everyone’s money? Fair enough.
I'm saying Casio didn't take (and keep) their money for something besides what they advertised. At the end of the day no one lost anything. Of course people aren't happy about it, but in reality they're right back where they started.

A Casio equivalent to your Nike example is if they sold everyone a 'GW-5000' but shipped them a GW-M5610 instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just stumbled across this thread and read it all.

I ordered my GW-5000 on 11/10 and received it on 11/18. I ordered it with the DW-5035 and DW-5735, those have not shipped yet and have no additional indication on the order. Hoping I get all 3, I've wanted these for a while but the pricing on secondary market was too much.

I think I got lucky because I noticed it on my own early. I've ordered from the outlet store before, and I think the same fulfillment sells everything on gshock.com and perhaps other Casio online stores. They've always shipped things quickly for me. I check the outlet every few weeks and I must have gotten lucky. At the time I noticed the deal I ordered as soon as I could, there were no sales posts yet on g-central or reddit.

The watch came in standard gshock tin in box. It did have two hang tags on it. One was Japanese and I think the real original tag. The second tag looked like a generic "gshock.com" tag, with a printed sticker on the other side with model and barcode and price. Who knows how the US got them, they probably got like a box with a few dozen and didn't expect such a mad rush. Sorry to those of you who lost out.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

I ordered my GW-5000 on 11/10 and received it on 11/18. I ordered it with the DW-5035 and DW-5735, those have not shipped yet and have no additional indication on the order. Hoping I get all 3, I've wanted these for a while but the pricing on secondary market was too much.

I think I got lucky because I noticed it on my own early. I've ordered from the outlet store before, and I think the same fulfillment sells everything on gshock.com and perhaps other Casio online stores. They've always shipped things quickly for me. I check the outlet every few weeks and I must have gotten lucky. At the time I noticed the deal I ordered as soon as I could, there were no sales posts yet on g-central or reddit.

The watch came in standard gshock tin in box. It did have two hang tags on it. One was Japanese and I think the real original tag. The second tag looked like a generic "gshock.com" tag, with a printed sticker on the other side with model and barcode and price. Who knows how the US got them, they probably got like a box with a few dozen and didn't expect such a mad rush. Sorry to those of you who lost out.
POIDH

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm saying Casio didn't take (and keep) their money for something besides what they advertised. At the end of the day no one lost anything. Of course people aren't happy about it, but in reality they're right back where they started.

A Casio equivalent to your Nike example is if they sold everyone a 'GW-5000' but shipped them a GW-M5610 instead.
Customer service goes a long way for customer satisfaction. That’s what my analogy is implying; right your wrong.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Not going to lie, I am a little salty since I wasn't able to get one. I was telling myself it's okay since no one got it. lol Congrats and enjoy your watch.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts

haha come on man, thats not the same at all. for a start what jordan classic retros ever had zoom? (there was the aj1 with the full zoom sole but that wasnt a retro) second, if it did have zoom it would be on the insole so there would be no need to "deconstruct" it, i mean who cuts open a brand new pair of shoes to see the air bubble?? 🙄
its clearly a case of someone on the website team accidentally copying and pasting details from a diff shoe. something that couldve easily been confirmed by looking up the shoe on a diff. country's or store's site.
its also a full price premium item not a clearance outlet sale. 20% off full price is nothing to them, they give out those coupons all the time.

lol its completely ridiculous that you think someone got fired over a glitch or a mistake like this let alone it was some well orchestrated shady dealing 😂

ive worked in IT for decades and have a degree in programming and theres not a day that goes by i dont come across some weird inexplicable glitch. ive given up questioning it a long time ago cos its a complete waste of time, even if you do work it out, theres usually no logical reason for how it came about, its simply quicker and easier to fix the problem and move on.
my guess is its pretty much what casio said, they had a couple in stock, they sold out, then it began to lodge backorders. when the backorders couldnt be filled the system mightve flag the sales as incomplete/cancelled but instead of showing as no stock, the cancelled order showed as the stock item becoming available again, which could explain the availability fluctuating as one available then disappearing.
if this was posted on g central and reddit, who knows how many hundreds of orders they received! the delayed refund was probably them trying to see if they could fulfill the orders and getting on to IT to see what happened. sure they couldve sent an email out, give you #positivevibesonly but prob thought it wasnt worth it for an outlet item and they wouldve had 100s to get back to with a system thats likely not set up for that kind of correspondence.
even if you did get an apology email and discount coupon, i bet you all would still be complaining that its just not good enough 🙄

seriously, why is it that any time theres a problem its always the worse case scenario, all benefit of the doubt goes out the window and everyone involved has nefarious ulterior motives?

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I’ve worked retail for 15 years and what the Casio Outlet store did was a sham.
I stood by what I said before and I, along with many others, won’t be shopping from that site again.
That was slightly different than a “coupon with the 0 cut off from a newspaper”. This was a full fledged error on their part. The fact that it took them almost a week to cancel customers orders is simply unacceptable. If you think this is good business practice, then maybe you are part of the problem.
not really, youre wanting them to honour something they cant for a problem that they (may or may not) had any control over.
its not the best scenario, but its also not bad business practice and it happens quite regularly. take it from someone who loves to shop and buys 99% of stuff online.
its not really good customer practice to demand entitlements for literally nothing. glitch or not, you went to buy an item, they couldnt fill your order, you got your money back, end of story.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,776 Posts

Ok. This confirms my speculation. They had some in stock. The only "real" problem was the website was glitching out due to the sudden flood of orders from the WUS and Reddit community.

That box is not the original box, since it should come with a cardboard box with pillow, not a tin. So previous speculation from other members were also correct: It's a refurbished unit.

I hope your watch is in mint condition. Considering this is the cheapest price I've seen for a barely used GW-5000, you got the best deal for it. We won't find a similarly priced GW-5000 in the foreseeable future, even if it was scratched and abused it will cost around $200+.

Congrats on getting the BEST deal on the GW-5000! 👍👍

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice to know somebody got one. Enjoy. I ordered early on 11/11, and it took a few days before I got an email saying back-ordered. At which point I emailed back asking them to cancel, which they did and refunded my Paypal payment. From now on, I'll consider the outlet a gamble, and so won't be disappointed when things don't work out.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
Ok. This confirms my speculation. They had some in stock. The only "real" problem was the website was glitching out due to the sudden flood of orders from the WUS and Reddit community.

That box is not the original box, since it should come with a cardboard box with pillow, not a tin. So previous speculation from other members were also correct: It's a refurbished unit.

I hope your watch is in mint condition. Considering this is the cheapest price I've seen for a barely used GW-5000, you got the best deal for it. We won't find a similarly priced GW-5000 in the foreseeable future, even if it was scratched and abused it will cost around $200+.

Congrats on getting the BEST deal on the GW-5000! 👍👍
To me it sounds like the speculation about the units being refurbished is just that - speculation.

The Outlet site even said there were issues with the packaging - but that the watches were brand new. To draw the conclusion that the watch is refurbished because it didn't come in the std "Japanese" box w/pillow is a stretch, IMO.

I understand the disappointment in not being able to get one. But all the indignation directed at Casio - not so much. "Demand" a discount for future purchases? :unsure:

So maybe the website didn't work as it should have. This doesn't mean there was some nefarious plot by Casio.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Well congrats on the watch. I am glad somebody got one for that price. It is like kubr1ck getting one of the PRW-5000 Pathfinders. This proves that the GW-5000 sold at the outlet store was real and not a mirage.

The hang tag with the Japanese on it is the original tag. It has the Yen price on it. Did it come with the manual in Japanese? So Casio removed the original Casio boxes. Below is the GW-5000 I got from Seiya showing the correct boxes and manual(rolled up)

Wear it and enjoy it. They are great watches. Despite the metal construction, the watch is still light wearing. Also there are folks that wonder why folks spend extra for this watch(GW5000) when you can get the cheaper GWM-5610? While it is true both have the same module, compared to the GW5000, the 5610 feels cheap. The GW5000's strap is much more comfy. I sometimes forget I am wearing my GW5000 but I always remember when I am wearing my GWM-5610. I am not trying to bash the 5610 as it is a great watch also but not in the same league as the GW5000

·
G-Shock Mod
14,091 Posts

Congrats! I love it when people got a awesome deal. Enjoy the watch in good health.

For me, I made it out even, got my money back and no watch. Worry not, I already spent the money on another watch. Missing out on a watch was never a problem, running out of money is. haha :D

121 - 140 of 158 Posts