WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Who’s Gotten Their Casio Outlet Store GW5000 Thread

15K views 159 replies 36 participants last post by  CSG 
#1 ·
Yes, I know we have a few threads on the Casio Outlet GW5000 but I wanted to create a thread for folks to post that they got the shipping info for their GW5000 and also to show off their new GW5000

the one I picked up is still in processing.
So where is yours?

#10 ·
Yep, mine is still processing as of 11/11/20. The site did say it would take 2 or 3 business days so perhaps they will all process on Monday? my credit card did get charged. It is not a "pending" charge but an actual charge that has showed up in my account so I make the assumption that I am getting one and that my order has not been canceled

I was stupid, I did not check the shipping options so I am stuck with 3-6 day ground shipping. I did not know there were other shipping selections. So I will probably get mine later......... Sigh

#11 · (Edited)
I had already ordered one on 11/11 but just for grins I wanted to check if anymore where in stock so today 11/15 it let me add one to my cart. It even had the shipping and tax added and it was ready to go. It did not say sold out at this time. I cleared my cart then went back in a minute or so later and tried again and then it said SOLD OUT. Hope one of y'all got it! :cool:

#15 · (Edited)
Maybe the gods have reconsidered: I was able to order one just now, moments before this posting. I used PayPal (which I have a Visa card registered for payments) and the total cost with shipping ($11.55) and local taxes came to $202.35. I've already got confirmation of the order via email. I will be returning the 5610 to Kohls to defray the higher cost. I paid $77 for the 5610 on a sale after an additional 30% off coupon. I don't need two versions of the same watch and prefer the more subtle design of the 5000-1.

#16 ·
Something is really odd about this gw5000 on the outlet store.

Since it went on sale, it's been in and out of stock several times.

The price is unusually low, and the watch is not a US market watch.
None of it makes any sense to me.

I hope you guys get your orders fulfilled without issue. Please keep updating this thread. Thanks

#17 ·
Something is really odd about this gw5000 on the outlet store.

Since it went on sale, it's been in and out of stock several times.

The price is unusually low, and the watch is not a US market watch.
None of it makes any sense to me.

I hope you guys get your orders fulfilled without issue. Please keep updating this thread. Thanks
My thoughts exactly. I'll be surprised if I actually get mine haha. Ordered on the 11th, hasn't shipped yet.

#19 ·
So I have another update. I messaged the Casio Customer Service center and they said that my order was still in process and that they were waiting on the watch to get to the warehouse which should take another 1-2 days. He said the warehouse is still waiting for the watch to arrive so they can ship it out.
So - be patient everyone. Sounds to me like these watches just might be being shipped in direct from Japan to the Casio USA warehouse.
He assured me that I will get the watch and it will not be canceled.

#23 ·
So I have another update. I messaged the Casio Customer Service center and they said that my order was still in process and that they were waiting on the watch to get to the warehouse which should take another 1-2 days. He said the warehouse is still waiting for the watch to arrive so they can ship it out.
So - be patient everyone. Sounds to me like these watches just might be being shipped in direct from Japan to the Casio USA warehouse.
He assured me that I will get the watch and it will not be canceled.
That is good to hear. How did you message them? Did you send it via CMS@casio.com or was it an actual message/chat?

I just noticed something with my orders.

I bought one of these for a friend on 11-11-20 at about 6:30pm and paid for it via paypal using a credit card. About two days later, I thought to myself this is a great deal so I bought one for myself. I also paid for it via paypal using a credit card.

However both of the order confirmation number email I got give the exact confirmation number. When I look it up, I only see quantity of one tied to this order. Yet both credit cards were charged and both were charged for the correct amounts (one got a different shipping speed so it was more)

So I should be getting 2 of them

Now granted I did not create an account (i was stupid) so I cannot see any more info

I want to make sure I get both

#24 ·
That’s very strange that you would get the same order number for two separate orders.
And I just went to the Casio Customer Service website and did the live-chat feature. Took about 5 minutes but finally connected with someone.
If they didn’t respond, I was going to use that email you provided.
No idea where these watches are coming from that it’s taking so long to get to the Casio USA warehouse, but they have to be coming from somewhere far away. Hopefully the customer service rep will be correct and our watches will start to ship out tomorrow or Thursday.

#25 ·
That's very strange that you would get the same order number for two separate orders.
And I just went to the Casio Customer Service website and did the live-chat feature. Took about 5 minutes but finally connected with someone.
If they didn't respond, I was going to use that email you provided.
No idea where these watches are coming from that it's taking so long to get to the Casio USA warehouse, but they have to be coming from somewhere far away. Hopefully the customer service rep will be correct and our watches will start to ship out tomorrow or Thursday.
A bit OT: As a former customer service rep from an online store, we were trained to give assurance to customers, and not actually solve their problems. Our performance was measured on the surveys at the end of each chat, so we were forced to "solve" (just by assuring customer) the problem by convincing the customer we know what's happening, when we are just looking at the tracking details (typically our response is "Just wait 24-48 hours please") just so we can get a "satisfaction" rating.

Not saying what the customer rep said was incorrect or correct, but this answer (to make customers wait 1-2 days) is our normal solution to like 90% of the customer's inquiry regarding shipments. I would take it with a grain of salt.

I'm hoping your watches get shipped eventually.

#28 ·
I just got that too with no option to cancel:

"Thank you for ordering on Casio. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

Product NameQty OrderedBackorder QuantityAmount
GW5000-111$300.00

If you chose to pay by credit card, your credit card has been pre-authorized but you will not be charged until the product ships. If you pre-paid using an alternate payment method, we will hold your funds until the product ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

#32 ·
Just got the back ordered message too. Then the charge of $300 ? I paid with PayPal so I hope when it does come in stock they won’t be charging us all $300. If they do - this is some major BS.
My order wasn’t canceled, just back ordered

They still have my original $200 some odd dollars from the original purchase through PayPal so I would ASSume they wouldn’t be charging me more when it actually does ship out.

Very odd that a Casio rep just this morning was telling me that their warehouse will have the watch in only another 1-2 days. So who knows what’s really going on at this point. I’ll just be lucky to get a watch at all ( at the originally billed price ).

#34 ·
So more news

i was not able to get into the Casio Chat but did write an email to them. They confirmed both orders but told me that they were on backorder right now (which makes sense as mbnv992 mentioned that the rep told him they were awaiting them to arrive to the warehouse which is probably why it is on back order as they cannot ship until they get the stock)

I did also find out why some folks had credit card charges drop off(hold/soft charge) but my cards were charged. I paid by paypal so that is why my credit cards were charged as I paid by an alternative payment method (paypal) so they could be sure the money was there when they went to ship the items. They have basically placed a hold on the money.
This makes sense as if paid directly with a credit card, they just need to verify the card works and then they can charge it later. With Paypal, they cannot so they take the money now.

At the bottom of the email it says

"If you chose to pay by credit card, your credit card has been pre-authorized but you will not be charged until the product ships. If you pre-paid using an alternate payment method, we will hold your funds until the product ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

So it looks like all will be well. Those that ordered the watches will get them when the product arrives. I think somebody in Casio jumped the gun and listed it before they got confirmation that the product was in a warehouse.

I remain optimistic that they will arrive soon

I am satisfied that they saw both orders in their system. So the worst that could happen now is that the credit card bill is due before they ship the watches and I pay the bill only to have them cancel the order which results in me having a large surplus on my credit card that requires me to ask the bank to move the surplus back to my checking account

So hang tight folks, the watches should be coming. For those that saw the soft charge drop off the card, it will be re-charged to the card when they process it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.