WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
You've got nothing to apologize for, Marc, even though you do have one bada$$ diver there.

Is it the baddest-a$$ed? Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly one that I'd love to add to my collection some day. Of course, if you saw my incoming Dee and Ricky LE G-Shock, then you'd know which diver was the baddest in all the land...

:)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
You've got nothing to apologize for, Marc, even though you do have one bada$$ diver there.

Is it the baddes-a$$ed? Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly one that I'd love to add to my collection some day. Of course, if you saw my incoming Dee and Ricky LE G-Shock, then you'd know which diver was the baddest in all the land... :-d

Regards,
Adam
Adam, r u talking about this funky cool one? If so, its RAD! :-!

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Marc,

I agree with Adam; no apology warranted.

My wife bought a Frogman, back when she was really into G-Shocks. I tried it on a couple of times(ok, maybe more like a few :-d), and I really liked it...I mean, really. I was thinking of ways to convince her that it just wasn't right for her(so that I could then adopt it for myself)...next thing you know, she sold it and then told me after the fact! o|

Anyway, I think your Frogman is one bad dive watch, and I'm glad that you're enjoying it so much! Btw, it's nice to see you here, dude! :-!

Here's an old pic of my wife's Froggie-

And here's another especially cool G-Shock that she once owned-

Is it the baddest-a$$ed? Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly one that I'd love to add to my collection some day. Of course, if you saw my incoming Dee and Ricky LE G-Shock, then you'd know which diver was the baddest in all the land...

Regards,
Adam

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do when the Mods come for you . . .
:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

And OP I agree that it at least one of the baddest a$$ divers around. It looks AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

Regards,
Adam
There's Bad and DWC BAD.

Just sayin'

//nice clown watch
///I want one

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
How about this one. It seems to be about as good as Casio gets. I like it and would love to have one, but I am not sure I could spend $3,000 usd on a Casio. I am considering it though. It is the MRG-8100B-1AJF which is an Asian market model.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Funny enough, this exact same post on the G-Shock forum (of all places) has caused more trouble then here!

Oh well....

I still love my watch and thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

And whoever posted that SUPER COOL multi-colored G-Shock, YOU ROCK! That thing's amazing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Re: The world's most bad a$$ dive watch!

LOL ... thanks Mike for the good chuckle.:-!

I went thru the faze when Casio was the first affordable LED watch w/ alarm, back light, cool stuff, and used that watch for years as my surfing tool ... but sticking the same unit in a big plastic case, multiplying a number of features that IMO make the face too busy, and bragging about it being able to survive G-Shock does nothing for me. G-Shock certainly has it niche and I see lots of hard-use guys like carpenters, first responders, and cops wearing them well.

But for me, I don't consider anything less than 316L SS [no PVD for me] as adequate for a dive watch case. ... except for building sandcastles on the beach or storing leftovers in the fridge, I just don't do the plastic thing.

Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do when the Mods come for you . . .

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Just to clear up a very common misconception, the Casio Frogman is not a plastic cased watch, the are a full Stainless or titanium cased watch with a rubber like shroud to protect the case and rubber mounting of the movement to add shock resistance.

screw back cases

These are not toys and I would {and have} pit them against ANY dive watch out there, bar none. They will give you more usable features for diving than any analog watch made.

the frogman has one BIG thing going against it, it's a casio G-shock and the main followers of the brand are so used to $50 watches that they cannot even grasp that this is a watch in another league completely.
on the other hand for about the same or less money you can get a Suunto D4 which is a full dive computer complete with a log down cable.
I dive with analog watch mostly out of nostalgia and they have their place, but I prefer having two {sometimes 3} computers on me in the water.

I will have another 1000 series as soon as it comes with a titanium case, I would also love it if they uncomplicated the display a bit, like get rid of the eye and make the numbers bigger but just give me a lighter case and i'll be happy.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Yes, I understand underneath all the plastic is a steel case. There are a few things that keep G-Shock from going on my wrist. Mostly it is the appearance of the dials that are just crammed w/ lots of subdials, writing, and info. Compare the legibility of Suunto or some of the Timex triathalon digital displays to the G-Shock. Suunto and Timex seem provide a bigger and more user friendly display. Because Casio was one of the first of the affordable liquid crystal displays ... I'm not sure why they've let Casio slip behind these other brands in this regard.

I have one of the original Casio LCD watches. I have not followed the brand closely, but it just seemed to me that Casio took that original little SS case and shrouded in with plastic and created the G-Shock. Then spun out a zillion variations, but all the while never really got back to the original concept of a sleek, polished, squared stainless steel case.

Elements of the original Casio LCD watches certainly can be seen in Freestyle, Timex and some other surfer oriented lines.

But what I was hoping to see after all these years was something like a SS Citizen Eco-Zilla, or a truly bad a$$ digital like this ... Quadtec

Just to clear up a very common misconception, the Casio Frogman is not a plastic cased watch, the are a full Stainless or titanium cased watch with a rubber like shroud to protect the case and rubber mounting of the movement to add shock resistance.

screw back cases

These are not toys and I would {and have} pit them against ANY dive watch out there, bar none. They will give you more usable features for diving than any analog watch made.

the frogman has one BIG thing going against it, it's a casio G-shock and the main followers of the brand are so used to $50 watches that they cannot even grasp that this is a watch in another league completely.
on the other hand for about the same or less money you can get a Suunto D4 which is a full dive computer complete with a log down cable.
I dive with analog watch mostly out of nostalgia and they have their place, but I prefer having two {sometimes 3} computers on me in the water.

I will have another 1000 series as soon as it comes with a titanium case, I would also love it if they uncomplicated the display a bit, like get rid of the eye and make the numbers bigger but just give me a lighter case and i'll be happy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How about this one. It seems to be about as good as Casio gets. I like it and would love to have one, but I am not sure I could spend $3,000 usd on a Casio. I am considering it though. It is the MRG-8100B-1AJF which is an Asian market model.
Those are pretty impressive. Ive considered one of those in the past myself. But just couldnt do it for battery operated Casio that costs $3000

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.