WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
I predict that the watch industry will make "All metal movement" a selling point within 10 years.

AND, charge you more for it.

Kinda like how the TSA works - for "my" protection, while they steal stuff out of my luggage and orifices.
And they expect me to pay for their "service."

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
More likely escape wheel and pallet fort are made from plastic. sistem51 watch has that.

Now you done a research .Well again, serve you bloody right. Next time be Patience and wait for a review before you buy one. No, I always do my research before I know what I'm buying. I test it before I buy aswell.

we all expect the watch to work. However expect the unexpected. Be realistic next time.
Do you ever read any one elses posts. The history happened after I bought my watch not before. You are unbelievable.

·
Registered
31,988 Posts
I predict that the watch industry will make "All metal movement" a selling point within 10 years.
For some yes.

For the early adopter that is rolex to get that - dinosaurs would have again roamed the earth then be extinct and then Rolex might move to said marketing claim.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
the main reason i got it was b/c it is cool how they built this almost entirely out of plastic and with just one screw.
pretty much how I see it: the concept and execution is more interesting than the final product.

I'd be happy with it as an object but I'm not sure if I like it as a watch, if that makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
pretty much how I see it: the concept and execution is more interesting than the final product.

I'd be happy with it as an object but I'm not sure if I like it as a watch, if that makes any sense at all.
Yeah, i kinda know what you mean. The only time i wear this watch is when i am out on my bike, when i just need to know the approx time (and yeah, i could set my Garmin to show the time, but what the hell). I used to wear a Seiko 5, but this feels better on the wrist.

Incidentally, mine is running about 4 min behind in 24 hours after being left sitting face up in my closet. I have heard that it gets better with time, so lets see.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,473 Posts
Now you done a research .Well again, serve you bloody right. Next time be Patience and wait for a review before you buy one. No, I always do my research before I know what I'm buying. I test it before I buy aswell.

we all expect the watch to work. However expect the unexpected. Be realistic next time.
He bought it barely weeks after it appeared on the market in the US. Read the opening post next time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
How can this watch have positive reviews ?
Since you can get 10x better watches.. At this price and even lower ?
Do watches get a good review because they tell the time??
I've held sistem 51 in my hands
I didn't like the feel of it for the money I had to pay ...
I'm almost sure you didn't like 100% the watch when buying it..
But you thought ..what the hell I'll buy it..

I hope you used guarantee and got another watch that works.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
And people told me I was being crazy for saying Sistem 51 is crap..

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
How can this watch have positive reviews ?
Since you can get 10x better watches.. At this price and even lower ?
Do watches get a good review because they tell the time??
I've held sistem 51 in my hands
I didn't like the feel of it for the money I had to pay ...
I'm almost sure you didn't like 100% the watch when buying it..
But you thought ..what the hell I'll buy it..

I hope you used guarantee and got another watch that works.
Not yet. I will box it back up and ship it back to them and they can either send me one back or do whatever with it. I am tempted to open it up and look at it but that would surely void the warranty.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
And people told me I was being crazy for saying Sistem 51 is crap..
No.
We were pointing out that you failed to appreciate the method of production and separate the Sistem51 system of manufacturing and the product of that system and then your blind ranting about a Swatch watch looking like a Swatch watch.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Not yet. I will box it back up and ship it back to them and they can either send me one back or do whatever with it. I am tempted to open it up and look at it but that would surely void the warranty.
Especially since you'd have to destroy it to "open" it. At least on my mechanical steel case Swatch (older movement, ETA 2824 type but with plastic escapement) you can pry the back crystal off with a knife without irreparably damaging it. Those plastic cases, nothing you can do to fix it...

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
So, I bought this one last summer in Miami. I was kind of excited about it and after I let it sit for a month, I started wearing it. One day, I put it down on the counter and wore something else the next day. That next evening it was 3 minutes slow. I thought I must have set it wrong. Didn't think anything of it. A month later wearing it again and I could swear I saw the minute hand drop back several minutes. Again, I thought I must have hit the crown or something. I put it in the watch box and rotated other watches for months. Two days ago I was wearing it, I took it off and came back a few hours later and the dam thing was two minutes slow. I hand wound it up even though I had just put it down 2-3 hours earlier and the next morning it was stopped. I picked it up this morning and I wound it up and it would not start. I gave it several shakes and it started moving finally. But it won't run for more than a few hours. This thing is truly a piece of junk.

So you wonder what the watch is, well it is the Swatch Sistem51. My trusty 10 year old Invicta 8926 is a much better watch, as is my timex and my orient mako. This watch is terrible. It even feels like a cheap piece of junk.

]

Swatch is extremely good with warranty and defects, one of the big reasons they are as successful as they are. Mine is functioning perfectly and I've worn it in lots of conditions, I'd take it to a swatch store and find out what they can do.

·
Registered
890 Posts
He bought it barely weeks after it appeared on the market in the US. Read the opening post next time.
Yeah weeks, That is not enough. How about a month?

·
Premium Member
23,122 Posts
Especially since you'd have to destroy it to "open" it. At least on my mechanical steel case Swatch (older movement, ETA 2824 type but with plastic escapement) you can pry the back crystal off with a knife without irreparably damaging it. Those plastic cases, nothing you can do to fix it...
Yes, the Swatch Irony automatics could be serviced by prying off the plastic caseback. I ended up having to remove the caseback on my Swatch Body and Soul because it was cracked, and I replaced it with an acrylic pressure fitted crystal that was intended for the front crystal of a watch.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts