WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

501 - 520 of 10926 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
The most interesting part for me is that Omega hit such a home run with the trilogy pieces that their 60-year-old design is leading some off us to consider selling at least some of their collection. Quite astonishing...
For me it’s more a case of thinking about a realignment. I won’t necessarily reduce my collection but I seriously consider to replace some pieces.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Speedy Triple Date under the cuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Wow!

The most interesting part for me is that Omega hit such a home run with the trilogy pieces that their 60-year-old design is leading some off us to consider selling at least some of their collection. Quite astonishing...
Astonishing indeed. In my case, the Trilogy had me salivating for 30's-70's vintage Omegas while keeping up with the best contemporary pieces. You can't go wrong with this brand.

Reactions: watchdaddy1

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Wow!

You can't go wrong with this brand.
Thanks & I'm w/ you , I could have only Omega & be a happy camper , they really don't make an ugly piece

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Theognosis

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Re. the abandonment of all watches above 40mm mentioned upthread: it's just my opinion, but I think you're all being a bit hasty, to be honest! Wearing a new Trilogy model is a transcendentally beautiful experience, but surely it doesn't mean something like say, the Moonwatch, automatically becomes redundant? Such models don't lose their appeal just like that, do they?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think we should be careful of chasing trends - I wouldn't want to be buying back 40mm+ watches in a couple of years!

I hope nobody takes offence at this - I'm just saying. We're all different of course, but I think you can enjoy all sizes of watch in a single collection...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re. the abandonment of all watches above 40mm mentioned upthread: it's just my opinion, but I think you're all being a bit hasty, to be honest! Wearing a new Trilogy model is a transcendentally beautiful experience, but surely it doesn't mean something like say, the Moonwatch, automatically becomes redundant? Such models don't lose their appeal just like that, do they?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think we should be careful of chasing trends - I wouldn't want to be buying back 40mm+ watches in a couple of years!

I hope nobody takes offence at this - I'm just saying. We're all different of course, but I think you can enjoy all sizes of watch in a single collection...
i enjoyed taking this 42mm stallion out in the wild today.

F6D18A49-4B69-4B6D-A479-078888615729.jpeg

At home, my beloved unicorn awaits. :)

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
You don’t see the exp on a jubilee enough if you ask me.
Thanks. That is a 36mm Oyster Perpetual (OP), reference 116000 with Mercedes hands. The 114270 36mm Explorer cannot easily get a jubilee bracelet since the lug position is differenet versus many other Rolexes; older explorers (14270 etc) or newer 214270 (39mm) would fit without modifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks. That is a 36mm Oyster Perpetual (OP), reference 116000 with Mercedes hands. The 114270 36mm Explorer cannot easily get a jubilee bracelet since the lug position is differenet versus many other Rolexes; older explorers (14270 etc) or newer 214270 (39mm) would fit without modifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course it is. Just noticed your names and realised I’ve admired your OP before. Funny you hardly notice the blue in this shot.

·
Registered
7,732 Posts

I'm w/ you. I wear everything from 36mm to Panerai

this 1's @ 34mm

·
Registered
624 Posts

First, to each his own!

My point is that the Railmaster and the Seamaster 300 have proofed me something I had never expected. That these small sizes can be worn even from a guy with a wrist size > 8“ like me. I used to wear watches around 44mm and bigger in the past because I was convinced smaller sizes would look ridiculous on my wrist, like women watches. The Trilogy pieces have changed my aesthetically perception totally because I really love now how the watch wraps around my wrist instead just sitting on top. Therefore, albeit there seems to be a trend toward smaller watches, it’s no trend for me personally. It’s just a question of personal preferences.

501 - 520 of 10926 Posts