521 - 540 of 10572 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
First, to each his own!
Absolutely! Which is why I said:
We're all different of course...
;-)

My point is that the Railmaster and the Seamaster 300 have proofed me something I had never expected. That these small sizes can be worn even from a guy with a wrist size > 8“ like me. I used to wear watches around 44mm and bigger in the past because I was convinced smaller sizes would look ridiculous on my wrist, like women watches. The Trilogy pieces have changed my aesthetically perception totally because I really love now how the watch wraps around my wrist instead just sitting on top. Therefore, albeit there seems to be a trend toward smaller watches, it’s no trend for me personally. It’s just a question of personal preferences.
That's great - I'm delighted that you have realized you can wear smaller watches, but just as your taste has changed - seemingly overnight - it can change back again (perhaps just as quickly). One of the constants on this forum is the regular posts from people regretting flipping once-loved models from their collections - all I was saying was that it might be an idea to wait until the "honeymoon" is over with Trilogy models before going ahead with any sales of larger/other watches. But then again, maybe the mass-flipping of these watches would be a good thing - the used market being flooded with 38+ watches would suit me just fine! ;-)

·
Registered
470 Posts
That's great - I'm delighted that you have realized you can wear smaller watches, but just as your taste has changed - seemingly overnight - it can change back again (perhaps just as quickly). One of the constants on this forum is the regular posts from people regretting flipping once-loved models from their collections - all I was saying was that it might be an idea to wait until the "honeymoon" is over with Trilogy models before going ahead with any sales of larger/other watches. But then again, maybe the mass-flipping of these watches would be a good thing - the used market being flooded with 38+ watches would suit me just fine! ;-)
Great advice! Smaller watches have been my preference for years now. I bought the 38.5 version of the AT 8500 instead of the 41. I chose the 42mm PO 8500 over the 44mm. And for Rolex, I never liked the sports models with chunky maxicases that's why I only have 1 piece, which is the Daytona. My only regret was getting the JLC 976 instead of the Grande Taille primarily because the former had a display caseback and the smaller had none. The smaller case size was the reason why I ordered the RMLE in the first place.

Truth is, it's not just about the size when we're talking about the RMLE's brilliance. What's fascinating is that a watch with no applied indices and all the usual unnecessary aesthetics, functionality and complications found in modern watches has turned my taste in this hobby upside down. And it's not just me. I have friends who have flipped many of their flashy watches and opted for something simple like the Rolex Explorer. I guess in a world filled with glamour and confusion, it's nice to see something pure and simple on my wrist like the RMLE. For sure, I will be keeping my "big" watches. Moving forward however, my future purchases will be limited to 39mm and smaller--and with less complications.

Cheers to this great hobby!

·
Registered
600 Posts

Truth is, it's not just about the size when we're talking about the RMLE's brilliance. What's fascinating is that a watch with no applied indices and all the usual unnecessary aesthetics, functionality and complications found in modern watches has turned my taste in this hobby upside down. And it's not just me. I have friends who have flipped many of their flashy watches and opted for something simple like the Rolex Explorer. I guess in a world filled with glamour and confusion, it's nice to see something pure and simple on my wrist like the RMLE. For sure, I will be keeping my "big" watches. Moving forward however, my future purchases will be limited to 39mm and smaller--and with less complications.

Cheers to this great hobby!
100% agree. With regards to the RMLE it’s much more than just the size. Well said, mate!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Absolutely! Which is why I said:

;-)

Thanks for the very good advice, Ken! :-!

Im in no hurry to sell anything from my collection although some pieces even didn’t get much wrist time before the advent of the Trilogy LEs. But you’re absolutely right, I don’t want to make the mistake selling a watch to soon and then regretting it. I’ll give them time, try them again in some months and will see if they sing again to me.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Speedy

·
Registered
7,732 Posts

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

521 - 540 of 10572 Posts