WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

9421 - 9440 of 9530 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
View attachment 15439446

No Speedy here but for the first time the leather strap is lasting more than one day. This dark brown one is originally for the 60th anniversary Speedy but I bought it because I consider the tan one that came with mine not dark enough. The strap is well made but could be a little thicker for a more toolish look.
I think that looks great, John.

I have a similar strap that I use on my 300MC and it suits the watch very well and wears very comfortably.

2017-02-10 09.53.54.jpg

René

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That looks great! Which strap is that? I am torn between putting my speedy or the seamaster 300 on leather.
Thank you!!🙏

That is a strap called the Elephant Grey. Don't worry, it's not made from elephant hide...that's just the name of the strap. It was procured from Atelier DeGriff out of Belgium.

I have quite a few of their straps and I've been very happy with them. They are great quality and stand up to wear really well. They start out very soft and subtle and they just get better with age.

I have my Speedy on their Antique Brown strap. I wore it to the OMEGA boutique yesterday and got a nice compliment on the strap from the sales associate. Here's a picture;

20200908_201712.jpg

In my opinion, both the Speedy and the SM300MC look good on leather. I'm not a fan of the Diver 300M on leather. I find the 300MC works because of it's vintage vibe and the colour of the lume. The 300M I find to be too modern to work on leather. That's just my opinion. You should wear whatever you like and makes you happy. There is no right or wrong answer. Although some would beg to differ.

Post some pictures once you've made a decision.

René

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank you!!🙏

That is a strap called the Elephant Grey. Don't worry, it's not made from elephant hide...that's just the name of the strap. It was procured from Atelier DeGriff out of Belgium.

I have quite a few of their straps and I've been very happy with them. They are great quality and stand up to wear really well. They start out very soft and subtle and they just get better with age.

I have my Speedy on their Antique Brown strap. I wore it to the OMEGA boutique yesterday and got a nice compliment on the strap from the sales associate. Here's a picture;

View attachment 15440211

In my opinion, both the Speedy and the SM300MC look good on leather. I'm not a fan of the Diver 300M on leather. I find the 300MC works because of it's vintage vibe and the colour of the lume. The 300M I find to be too modern to work on leather. That's just my opinion. You should wear whatever you like and makes you happy. There is no right or wrong answer. Although some would beg to differ.

Post some pictures once you've made a decision.

René
Thank you. I meant to say seamaster 300 mc. You are right, both watches look great on just about anything. I have narrowed it down between atelier and bulang and sons for the strap. I think I'll do my speedy now since I just got the 300mc and will give it some time on the bracelet.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Thank you. I meant to say seamaster 300 mc. You are right, both watches look great on just about anything. I have narrowed it down between atelier and bulang and sons for the strap. I think I'll do my speedy now since I just got the 300mc and will give it some time on the bracelet.
Looking forward to some pictures once the strap arrives.

René

Reactions: mgonz12

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I think I've chosen well. I'm enjoying all 3 of my OMEGAs just as much today as when I first got them. I mean, how can I not?! Look at this thing;

20200909_092818.jpg

René

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
PAM and pups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Omega Thursday. Cheers 😃😷✌🏼🖖🏼

9421 - 9440 of 9530 Posts