WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

9741 - 9760 of 9829 Posts

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Well....she’s still as beautiful as ever. The gloss I go from liking it quite a bit to liking it somewhat. I’ve owned it for almost a decade now and I’m getting towards the end of ownership. I could keep it, but life’s too short to keep hold of something that doesn’t rock me quite like it used to. Having worn the NTTD for 2 months solid, the PO feels heavy and cumbersome, even though it’s on rubber. It’s also a lot thicker. I’ve been spoilt with the svelte case and lightweight on my wrist from the NTTD. I’m looking forward to strapping it back on the wrist on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Well....she’s still as beautiful as ever. The gloss I go from liking it quite a bit to liking it somewhat. I’ve owned it for almost a decade now and I’m getting towards the end of ownership. I could keep it, but life’s too short to keep hold of something that doesn’t rock me quite like it used to. Having worn the NTTD for 2 months solid, the PO feels heavy and cumbersome, even though it’s on rubber. It’s also a lot thicker. I’ve been spoilt with the svelte case and lightweight on my wrist from the NTTD. I’m looking forward to strapping it back on the wrist on Monday.

It sounds like the POs days are numbered. It's a gorgeous watch but, as you say, if it's not making you as happy as it's done in the past then, like a "bunny boiler", it's time to move it on.

It'll be a sad day because, for me, the POLME is a watch that I'll always associate with you, the other being the Skyfall AT. On the other hand, I'm glad you're enjoying the NTTD Seamaster as much as you are.

Rene

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
It sounds like the POs days are numbered. It's a gorgeous watch but, as you say, if it's not making you as happy as it's done in the past then, like a "bunny boiler", it's time to move it on.

It'll be a sad day because, for me, the POLME is a watch that I'll always associate with you, the other being the Skyfall AT. On the other hand, I'm glad you're enjoying the NTTD Seamaster as much as you are.

Rene
It would appear that way yes, but it’s been close and then not happened at the 11th hour

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It would appear that way yes, but it’s been close and then not happened at the 11th hour

Ever since I regretted selling my brand new LMLE in 2012, I’ve been trying to wrestle it off his wrist. He’ll still have it this time next year. He’s such a tease!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Ever since I regretted selling my brand new LMLE in 2012, I’ve been trying to wrestle it off his wrist. He’ll still have it this time next year. He’s such a tease!

You’ve asked once!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You’ve asked once!

Do you know how many times I’ve read on here you’re getting rid .... What I will say to you, out of the goodness of my heart, you WILL regret it, which is why I’ve not pushed.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Visited my favourite breakfast spot this morning for the first time since March. Had a magnificent breakfast which ended up being comp'ed by the owner. I paid it forward by tipping the server the $25.00 the meal would have cost me.

I love supporting these small, independent restaurants. When they had to close their doors for 3 months due to Covid the owner didn't lay off any of the staff. Instead, he continued to pay them all until they reopened. Chapeau, mon ami!!

20201017_115140.jpg

20201017_121808.jpg

René

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Not wearing this one at the moment but I've owned this Speedmaster Pro Moon for nearly 18 years and just love it. A couple years ago, I moved it onto an alligator strap from Hirsch because, much as I like the bracelet, somehow, to me anyway, this just looks a lot better. I know the astronauts wore them on NATOs during missions but I HATE cloth straps, especially NATOs on any watch, much less nice watches.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Do you know how many times I’ve read on here you’re getting rid .... What I will say to you, out of the goodness of my heart, you WILL regret it, which is why I’ve not pushed.

Yep it’s been a few times

Thanks fella. Appreciate it. It’s been a long process but it’s nearing its end now I think.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Visited my favourite breakfast spot this morning for the first time since March. Had a magnificent breakfast which ended up being comp'ed by the owner. I paid it forward by tipping the server the $25.00 the meal would have cost me.

I love supporting these small, independent restaurants. When they had to close their doors for 3 months due to Covid the owner didn't lay off any of the staff. Instead, he continued to pay them all until they reopened. Chapeau, mon ami!!

View attachment 15504809

View attachment 15504812

René
That’s great to hear mate. Fair play to the owner for paying the staff out of his own pocket for the past months. Makes him a stand up guy. The small independents are the very fabric of our high streets.

Side note: keep the RM on a strap. It looks incredible.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
That’s great to hear mate. Fair play to the owner for paying the staff out of his own pocket for the past months. Makes him a stand up guy. The small independents are the very fabric of our high streets.

Side note: keep the RM on a strap. It looks incredible.

I agree, Dan, on both counts.

As to the 60th Anniversary Railmaster on a strap...I had it on the oem, black, suedish strap and liked it well enough, but I wasn't in love with it.

The tan leather strap I have on it now is absolutely perfect. When I saw it on Carl's RM I set out trying to find something similar that would compliment the watch just as well, but I never did find anything. When I found a strap I liked it wasn't available in 19mm. I tried to go custom to avoid the lug width issue, but could never find the right hide in the right colour or pattern. When Carl sold his RM and offered to sell me the straps I jumped at the chance.

I do, however, really enjoy a nice, well made bracelet, and the RM bracelet is exactly that. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it's well designed and extremely comfortable. The pairing might not lend itself to photographing well, but I think they look great together on the wrist.

As much as I love the RM on the tan leather strap I know I'll eventually get the itch to put it back on it's bracelet. But that's the life of a strap whore.

Rene

9741 - 9760 of 9829 Posts