WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Breitling took the SOH line from all 46mm to having only 2 46mm options and all the rest of the line being smaller.
Breitling is just getting better at offering more sizes under Kern and you’re sort of cherry picking the SOH line when most of their new releases are 42mm+ in the past couple years. Super/regular chronomat 44/42, super Avenger 48, Superocean 48, super AVI gmt 46, endurance pro 44.

I think the only Breitling released solely in a smaller diameter <40 was the SOH’57.
edit lol the 57 is actually 42mm so nvm

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I"m not cherry picking I'm sticking with divers.

Chronomats are a great example. They used to start at 44mm and go up. Now 44m is the largest model and the line starts at 32 and the main model is 42mm.

again with the SOH II line, all SOH models used to be 46mm. Chrono, 3 hand, every color combo. Now only 2 are offered in that size the rest are all smaller, you can say some are 44mm which is still large to some people but its still smaller.
The chronomat has been around for a long time and has been offered in many sizes over the years. So I don’t think that’s really new. And you skipped the regular Superocean line and seawolf if this is divers only.

The SOHII was originally offered in 42 and 46, the 44 was released later. So I agree with you, one collection is trending down to 44mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts