WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you think about a crown protector (or if you prefer: "guard") this one might come to mind:

IMG_4739.jpg

Not sure if this is the most famous one, but it sure is one of Panerai's USP. More brands have thought of methods of their "own" to secure the crown, like Linde Werdelin:

Another one that came to my mind is the no longer existing Japy brand. They offered interchangeable modules and had a firm crown guard:

img6456bc1.jpg

It's obvious that the crown guard has inspired many watchmakers throughout the world already. It was a surprise to see a new brand at Baselworld 2013 with another great idea to secure the crown: SUISSEMECANICA !

So let's have a closer look.

Officially launched at Belles Montres in November 2012 in Paris, the SUISSEMECANICA SM8 collection was one of the revelations of the show thanks to the powerful and ingenious design of the timepiece cases; highly resistant, made to protect the extremely efficient mechanical manufactured calibers.

The success achieved, opened us the door to present these ultra-masculine and versatile pieces in Basel.

THE SM8 COLLECTION, AN ANTI-SHOCK PROTECTION NEVER PUBLISHED BEFORE
The SM8 collection has a completely renewed design with a sliding crown protector patented system (SCPSy), unreleased to this day. This innovation distinguishes it from all other timepieces.

It also differs by other innovative technical prowess, as the double inner turning bezel (calculation of immersion and Dual Time) under the convex sapphire glass, and powered by two conical and ergonomic crowns at two and four o’clock.

Source:TurkiyeSaatForumu

The SM8 collection FIRST EDITION, is available in two models, the SM8 and the SM8 chronograph, 50 pieces each and all individually numbered.

CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-23.jpg CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-22.jpg
CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-27.jpg CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-28.jpg

Produced in steel and 200 meters water resistance, these instruments are also available by order in gold and titanium.
A second edition with a few variations and surprises is already in the production process.

CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-11.jpg CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-12.jpg

SUISSEMECANICA not only succeeded in protecting the crown, but they also managed to protect the two crowns at "2" and "4". Simple yet stunning idea.

CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-7.jpg

SuisseMecanica's movement is the automaticCALIBRE SM1-2022M, signed Valérien Jaquet, Manufacture CONCEPTO, exclusively developed for SUISSEMECANICA and 100% SWISS MADE.

• Diameter: 13 1⁄4 ‘’’ 30 mm.
  • Height: 8,40 mm.
  • Twenty seven Jewels (27).
  • 28’800 bph (4Hz). Réserve de marche: 50 hours.
  • Hours, minutes and small seconds at "9", 15 minute scale, date at "6".
  • Chronograph monopusher at "2".

CATALOGUE_SM_BD (1)-30.jpg

Visit the SUISSEMECANICA website

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Ernie for the nice post.

I think this is a very interesting watch from a new brand.

Although there are some clear references to Panerai, and I would add to Chronographe Suisse (Mangusta line), I think they successfully created a well balanced sport watch. For me, they deserve a Bravo!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts