WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love watches.
I have respect for any style or brand and I'm looking for something new to add to my affordable collection.
I'm looking for something under 1k but there is so much to choose from.
Here are some I like.
Opinions please.

Seiko Kinetic SKA615 (Picture borrowed from WUS)
SAM_1917.JPG

ANCON SEA SHADOW SEA002
Ancon.jpg

Tissot PRS-516
tissot-prs-516-automatic-100-original_259590.jpg

Hamilton Pan Europe H-30
hamilton-Pan-Europ-day-date-1.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just love that Pan Europ. Most likely pick one up early next year.
Yeah the Pan Europe is awesome but I rather have the chronograph but it is over budget. :p

PB300400.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Ancon Sea Shadow looks amazing! Too large for me unfortunately though...
This is a watch I would like to wear as a beater for a while to get the patina going on.
The watch is 45mm and I think it's a perfect fit.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
There are just to many damn watches that I like, where to start?
This is a disease most of us are suffering from, I cannot think of a cure but what I do is start with the cheapest or the one I want the most and go from there, it even turns out later that some of the watches I've been craving don't look so appealing after all :)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Have you taken a look at Steinhart? I recommend this brand for value-for-money. Various models to choose from, there must be one or two that suit your taste. I have one, I think I will add two more Steinhart's by the end of the year.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
This is a watch I would like to wear as a beater for a while to get the patina going on.
The watch is 45mm and I think it's a perfect fit.
I have seen the Ancon Sea Shadow, nice bronze watch. But it looks too big on my puny wrist. An alternative is Heroic18, same 45mm bronze but with shorter lug to lug measurement. Another option is Makara, search the forum for "Makara Sea Turtle". They are about to start the production of their second model watch.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you taken a look at Steinhart? I recommend this brand for value-for-money. Various models to choose from, there must be one or two that suit your taste. I have one, I think I will add two more Steinhart's by the end of the year.
Yeah thanks, you're just making it more difficult o|

Reactions: wtma

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Yeah thanks, you're just making it more difficult o|
Ops....so sorry for that :D
I'm a noob myself, and in the phase of exploration, it's fun though. Btw, out of the four watches you mentioned, I really like the look of the Seiko. Sea shadow follows next.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Start by thinking of utility. For which occasions you want to use your next watch (sport, dress, etc)? Once you decide that, you can limit the available options depending on features (water resistance, size, thickness).

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ops....so sorry for that :D
I'm a noob myself, and in the phase of exploration, it's fun though. Btw, out of the four watches you mentioned, I really like the look of the Seiko. Sea shadow follows next.
I kind of like the Apollon too :-s

7EJUcBLh.jpgforum.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Start by thinking of utility. For which occasions you want to use your next watch (sport, dress, etc)? Once you decide that, you can limit the available options depending on features (water resistance, size, thickness).
There is my problem, I don't do sports and mostly don't wear suits.
If I have a free day I first decide wich watch I wan't to wear and then I decide what to wear to match the watch.
Yeah I know, I have some WIS problems.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
No
Maybe
No
Maybe (but no, actually because you are settling for the non-Chrono)
Maybe for the Apollon

Then hopefully to help out, but possibly not, the A1 is pretty sweet for a watch around that size, although $999 seems a little high for it

http://www.armidawatches.com/a1.php

Reactions: R.P.J. Jansen

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Pan Europe, most definitely, out of the provided choices. Looks very sharp indeed.

Reactions: R.P.J. Jansen

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
May as well add another based on the style of your choices :-d

SARG015

Yet another Seiko I've never seen. That's a really cool one!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts