WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to see how the sale goes.
I suppose it is priced accordingly, based on current availability.

I will also be interested to see what goes up for sale once the remaining Flieger SE's hit the streets inthe coming weeks or months.

All i know, is that these Are wonderful watches :-}

·
Registered
913 Posts
Actually, it is significantly underpriced considering Stowa is selling the last 70 pcs of FO 3 (solid case back) for 850 EUR (~$1,200 USD).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, judging from the number of replies I received to the posting it was a very good value.

To be honest, I had not even worn the watch since I received it from Jorg. And since he offered it up here for the forum members, I was hoping someone who couldn't get in on the original 100 would pick it up.

But as long as someone enjoys it even for a day, I'm happy with it.

Now someone please buy the Tag I purchased on impulse about three weeks ago! Please!

Why, why do I stray from Stowa?:)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i was referring to this one: Stowa Flieger Original LE Handwound xx/80
being offered for around $3000.

i wish the seller the best with his sale.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
actually i was referring to this one: Stowa Flieger Original LE Handwound xx/80
being offered for around $3000.

i wish the seller the best with his sale.
Yeah, watching that too. There seems to be a bit of a Stowa craze right now caused by the FO shortage emails. It will be interesting to watch this sale as you mention. I wish both sides well!

·
Registered
338 Posts
What is the difference between the two watches? They seem like the same watch to me yet one is priced FAR lower. They are both xx/100 and they are both the 2801.

Thanks,
Scott

S

·
0 Posts
The Stowa FO LE xx/80 is fitted with a very special Unitas. Case diameter is 41mm.
The Stowa Flieger LE xx/100 is fitted with an ETA 2801. Case diameter is 40mm. You will find a lot of information here on the forum. Just use our search function and find out.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Mike, I made a mistake. I thought the sale price for the 3k watch was the same watch as the one that sold for $750. I didn't understand why the price was so high but now I know.

Scott

·
Registered
85 Posts
why sell this beauty to buy an overpriced fashion watch. You are mad. Its a lovely watch, but no spare change at the moment.
first time i've seen a unitas centre sec conversion
Hi Neju, if you are reading this thread I agree with the person who posted this in your sale thread (it subsequently got deleted). It is obviously entirely up to you, but why are you selling this watch for a Panerai? You can get a Panny anytime but you'll probably never get another FO LE without forking out even bigger $ than you'll get for yours.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

that`s the nice thing about collecting watches. ; It`s not rational! I know that it is irrational to sell this piece and i also know that i never get it back again. For sure i waited at least two years for that piece, but it doesen`t matter if it not kicks me anymore.

Little story regarding this, years ago i had the chance to buy a 1950 from Panerai at list price. I refused. What fool i`ve been, but at this time this was not the watch for me. So what, should always think about. No never mind, it is just a watch.;)

At the moment the FO is not the right watch for me. Th Panny mabe is. Thats all, if it is a mistake, i`ll take the risk.

Greetings

Frank

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Th e thing is, you can't get a Panerai "anytime." They have been and are on there way to being priced way beyond the reaches of the average joe.

I bought a Luminor more about 10 years ago for 2300.00, and that was from an authorized dealer after bargaining, brand new, unworn...

Can that be done today?

Selling ne watch to fund another, as we all know, is part of the joy and pursuit of a WIS!

He may sell the FO now, and though exceeidly rare, without a doubt, one may show up for sale in the future, albeit at a higher price, but the possibility for purchase will still exist.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For sure i waited at least two years for that piece, but it doesen`t matter if it not kicks me anymore.
At the moment the FO is not the right watch for me.
If this is what you feel, then that's the start and the end of the story! If you manage to realise some cash to buy something that "sings" to you more than the FO and some other enthusiast gets to enjoy your FO then that's a good outcome.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I bought a Luminor more about 10 years ago for 2300.00, and that was from an authorized dealer after bargaining, brand new, unworn...
Let's hope that your tastes are consistent and you're saying the same thing about Stowas in 10 years! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts