WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my SBGM029 to the local Seiko service centre in early August as the movement stopped and could not be re-started. They told me it needed to go to Japan and I said yes, never expecting it to be back before Christmas.

Lo and behold - barely 6 weeks later, it's ready. I just collected it today and it came with a full report in Japanese and English. Basically they replaced the escapement and overhauled the movement.
SBGM029 back from service.jpg

Great service from GS! :-!

SBGM029 back from service wristshot.jpg

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Let us know the cost and the extend of the service. Just to put to rest speculations of expensive GS repairs.

Reactions: sheon

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know the cost and the extend of the service. Just to put to rest speculations of expensive GS repairs.
Sure. They quoted me SGD600 I think during a phone call, but when I collected it, they said they would waive the charges. And this on a watch whose warranty expired in February this year.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Sure. They quoted me SGD600 I think during a phone call, but when I collected it, they said they would waive the charges. And this on a watch whose warranty expired in February this year.
WHOA! That is epic. I cannot imagine the big guys from Switzerland doing this, Rolex would've asked you for one of your kidneys, Panerai would've charged more than the Unitas movement to service it and Tag wouldve simply said the movement, case, dial etc all have to be replaced hence it costs more than the watch itself.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHOA! That is epic. I cannot imagine the big guys from Switzerland doing this, Rolex would've asked you for one of your kidneys, Panerai would've charged more than the Unitas movement to service it and Tag wouldve simply said the movement, case, dial etc all have to be replaced hence it costs more than the watch itself.
Yeah, who knows what Patek would have asked....

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
There you go. BAM! Sell everything and get all GS.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Looks great! I can see why you are excited to get this one back!

Reactions: sheon

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I was waiting for your answer to Veda's question before asking "Did they linish it for that price?" but it's quite a moot point now, LOL! That's awesome, and a beautiful and sought after model you have there!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
that is very impressive indeed. Totally unexpected and totally awesome.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was the warranty period? It just stopped after 3(?) years? Maybe it was a warranty issue if so...
2 years. Yeah, well, these things happen. Yeah, I was wondering if they waived the charges because it was a warranty issue, or out of goodwill. I didn't ask. I was just pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Haha! Great facts here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts