WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there was a 12-step program .... I'd be saying, "Hi, My name is Charlie - I have a problem ...." right about now

So back on the 12th - ON MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY - we went to an AD within driving distance and I bought myself this ....

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

I felt Soooooooo guilty about it (being on my Wife's birthday and all) I told her she could 'get one sometime' too. So she made her choice and we called the AD and gave them a 'keep your eye out' request. So today I got a message that there is one 'in the company' but they needed to get to to the store if we wanted to see it ... so I said 'Yes please' and I'm sure this weekend we'll be getting it for her.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

Somebody stop me - before I cant stop! ;-)

Reactions: SundayDuffer

·
Registered
Rolex 126200, UN San Marco, 2 Casios and 1 Timex
1,055 Posts
If you can afford the hobby, it's OK. However, if you are gutting your retirement fund, then that's another story. Some members have 20+ high end watches. Others just have one. I'm in the camp that you pick your one high end watch and then keep several less expensive watches for a change of scenery. I rotate four with my 14060M as my favorite. Hopefully, this is your special watch and you don't have another 10 in the safe.

·
Registered
421 Posts
See, i told you i was gonna get it for you. Happy Be-lated Birthday Honey !!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you can afford the hobby, it's OK. However, if you are gutting your retirement fund, then that's another story. Some members have 20+ high end watches. Others just have one. I'm in the camp that you pick your one high end watch and then keep several less expensive watches for a change of scenery. I rotate four with my 14060M as my favorite. Hopefully, this is your special watch and you don't have another 10 in the safe.
So - we're in the boat where ... we aren't gutting retirement, we aren't rich ... but these two purchases so close together is a little bit of a stretch. We will take some time and recover .... I will have only one Rolex and my wife will have only one. We bought a pair of Tag's on our 15th anniversary several years ago, while they aren't in the same class, they were anniversary gifts and we'll keep them forever ... My wife also has this Bretling
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery
I wear the Rolex most days now ... I have the Tag ... And at some time ... I want to get something TOTALLY different ... I'm thinking about a Bell & Ross ... something about that avation instrument dial and the square case appeals to me ... so pretty much I plan on being a 3-watch person with the Explorer as the crown of the small collection.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Your WIFE is the keeper! My wife hates my watch buying so much and is so frugal that a week ago after I bought another Tudor she was so mad she wouldn't talk to me for 2 days.
I've heard that many marriages have problems because of financial problems, spending too much. My marriage situation is just the opposite. She was brought up poor and now that her husband, me,
can buy what she wants, she just has a difficult time changing her viewpoint.
So, Mr. OP, enjoy your lovely wife.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I was in the same situation when I bought my no date sub. Bought my wife the Cartier Tank Solo. That was her choice among a handful of options, including Rolex. And now? She wants a Datejust.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So - the 115234 should be at the AD on Thursday and we'll go see it (get it) on Saturday

My wife is nervous about spending so much, so soon ... but I said ... if not now? When?

She's not had anything 'shiny' in a while and deserves it :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
So - the 115234 should be at the AD on Thursday and we'll go see it (get it) on Saturday

My wife is nervous about spending so much, so soon ... but I said ... if not now? When?

She's not had anything 'shiny' in a while and deserves it :)
Great way to look at it especially if she’s excited about it. My wife isn’t as excited about watches these days after getting a smart watch but purses are her thing. A new one every 6 months is an easy purchase where she really doesn’t care much about any watch purchases.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lol, so you bought a versatile sports watch that will last you a long time and hold value pretty well? I fail to see a problem here 😀. The fact that you felt guilty and getting your wife a nice watch makes you a considerate husband and there’s no reason to worry.
My Mrs. is pretty awesome and never gives me any trouble about my horological escapades. I do the same about purses and shoes. We both make good $$$, so why police each other guilty pleasures?

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
You fool.

Never, ever, ever, EVER let your wife get into watches or else this crap happens. Now you need to buy her watches on top of what you buy yourself. Best advice is get divorced, marry a hot young millennial and buy her an Apple Watch. A small $300 investment and she’ll be happy. Here are the facts:

-Millenials don’t like real watches, they like apple watches
-By definition millenial chicks are young
-Young chicks are hot
-Ergo, millenial chicks are hot

Cut her loose and download Tinder. I also suggest photoshopping abs onto your profile pic

·
Registered
31,988 Posts
You fool.

Never, ever, ever, EVER let your wife get into watches or else this crap happens. Now you need to buy her watches on top of what you buy yourself. Best advice is get divorced, marry a hot young millennial and buy her an Apple Watch. A small $300 investment and she’ll be happy. Here are the facts:

-Young chicks are hot

Cut her loose and download Tinder. I also suggest photoshopping abs onto your profile pic
So do this on Tinder?

·
Premium Member
32,425 Posts
You fool.

-Young chicks are hot

LOL! Best advice!

·
Premium Member
19,702 Posts
You fool.

-Young chicks are hot

Absolutely brilliant!

Reactions: Toothbras
1 - 20 of 42 Posts