·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Nice watches, some of them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Estimate: $320,000 - 370,00

For that kind of money, I would hope I could get it with a strap that wasn't crudely hacked with an exacto knife to fit it to the watch. :-s

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
it looks like the original buyer made those cut outs, to prevent him from scratching the lugs when he swapped between the different bands.
Nice idea, awfull execution!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wow, what an absolutely amazing set of timepieces. I would love to be able to even see those in person, much less actually own one.

What's with the scratches in odd places on that DeWitt??? Almost seems like you would have to try to scratch it in some of those crevaces. :-s

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
maybe i'm not really a wis at all because i have very little interest in pieces that i can not afford; any watch more than $20,000.00 just does nothing for me.:-(

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Wow, what an absolutely amazing set of timepieces. I would love to be able to even see those in person, much less actually own one.

What's with the scratches in odd places on that DeWitt??? Almost seems like you would have to try to scratch it in some of those crevaces. :-s

Regards,
-Jeff
I guess the previous owner actually wore the watch!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Not all of those watches are made from unobtainium. I've got the 37 mm version of that Lange on my short list, up against a PP 5127R. It's gonna take me nearly a year to scrounge up the cash and I'll probably have to flip a few to help in the quest, but there are quite a few guys around who have watches like some of those around these forums.

...and yes, that Blancpain is insane!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Nice but i would rather have Niffkos' collection over those any day of the week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We could call the super expensive forum the drool zone? Yeah but some of the watches on that page are obtainable for many of us.

I love the "Tiffany (Patek Philippe) "Extra" Minute Repeater" incredible timepiece.

·
Registered
965 Posts
So Marlon Brando's 1954 VC is only expected to fetch $3,000-$5,000??? That is really surprising.

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
i duinno if anyone mentioned this, but that Blancpain is sick! :p

and the JLC gyro tourby is insane! id love to see this dudes watch room. b-)

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I'd feel a bit odd with that AP Royal Oak watch that's 'influenced' by F1, and has Montoya's name on the back - I mean the guy wasn't particularly spectacular as a driver, and he's not even in F1 anymore. It's a nice looking watch, but that additional element kind of ruins it for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Estimate: $320,000 - 370,00

For that kind of money, I would hope I could get it with a strap that wasn't crudely hacked with an exacto knife to fit it to the watch. :-s

I'm pretty sure a buyer for a $320,000+ watch isn't too concerned about the strap...........no offense;-)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm pretty sure a buyer for a $320,000+ watch isn't too concerned about the strap...........no offense;-)
Are you implying that he would have enough money left over to buy a new strap? Preposterous. :-d

1 - 20 of 22 Posts