WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other watch brand suffers the same situation as AP where only a one of their lines is desirable and the rest of their collection is virtually non-existant? My AD is throwing crazy discounts for the Jules Audermas collections (and still struggling to clear out their non RO stocks) but not a single cent off for the Royal Oaks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
What gives you the knowledge and authority to make a claim of this magnitude? I am sure AP wouldn't make any other watches if the only thing buying was a RO.

LOL @ RO being the only desirable AP.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't care for the look of the RO.
I'm with ya, and the one I handled in the late 80's pulled the hairs out of my arm ..... but I was intrigued with the winder box which accompanied the RO

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
ROO is find abhoerent - on looks, not technical merit.

RO is a classic sports watch, beautiful, but I find others to be more interesting at the price point.

Jules Audemars is in my view their best line and is stunning. Regardless of demand, it is my favorite AP line. Whenever I see them on f381 - I start salivating (ex: mlcor shared his new acquisition: https://www.watchuseek.com/f381/new-arrival-2216594.html - beautiful)

I think that people should not confuse popularity with quality. Just because Invicta (sorry folks) is in demand, does not make it a good watch. Similarly general population goes for most recognizable brands and models. AP RO (and unfortunately ROO lately) are the most famliar model range - see all athletes and rappers wearing them.
I'll take a Jules chrono or a classy extra-thin (2 hander, small seconds, 3-hander) over APROO anyday of the week.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Popular steel Rolex models work the same way, but that doesn't mean no one ever buys the precious-metal models or that they aren't worth owning.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Rolex Oyster.
True, but with as much volume as this broad and versatile designation does (everything from Datejust to Submariner to Daytona to Day Date) sales of dress watches on a strap really aren't necessary to balance out the brand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The AP RO is really one of those models people love or hate. While I am in the latter camp, it's a grail watch for a friend of mine.
So if you asked me, I would take the Jules Audemars over Royal Oak.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'll have to disagree with this, RO and ROO are the most popular AP models but that doesn't mean there's no point in getting other models if you like em. The Millenary collection is pretty cool as well as some other classic models.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts