WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don’t take offense, just reply “not interested”.
With the gift of hindsight, I recognize that’s how I should have responded. However, this individual was not even the first to try this tactic in a single day, and I guess my frustrations just boiled over a bit.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I feel like whoever this is might be a member here. Show yourselves.

Anyway, I would just say no thanks. No point in taking it too personally. A bit of frustration is just a cost of doing business. Also, in eBay I think it is against the rules for someone to propose transacting outside eBay.

I have seen low ball offers that are much worse.

Anyway, what is your listing number? I will send you an offer you can't refuse: 18 boxes of fish sticks, a rock, a vintage horse saddle, and some limited edition kit kat bars.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Turn off "make an offer" and ignore emails from potential "buyers". All the communication they need to do can be through the BID button.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I feel like whoever this is might be a member here. Show yourselves.

Anyway, I would just say no thanks. No point in taking it too personally. A bit of frustration is just a cost of doing business. Also, in eBay I think it is against the rules for someone to propose transacting outside eBay.

I have seen low ball offers that are much worse.
It was me. The first offer I made was $6.50

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think there are a lot of buyers on Ebay that are making offers for no other reason than to flip the watch....or anything else they can get deals on. They dont want the watch for themselves, they just want to resell it and they're looking for buyers who are desperate to unload it.

Ebay is just an online flea market

A buddy of mine's wife makes a living going around to yard sales, checking clearance items at stores, shopping at Goodwill, browsing Ebay and Craigslst, etc. just to resell stuff. That is her job. He is thinking about quitting his job and doing it with her. It sounds nuts to me but more power to them i guess.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's just part of selling using the Bay Platform. Ignore or respond NO..
See it all the time although a little more prevelant now than in the past..Everyone looks for a deal...I'm amazed at the lines that develop at Store sales and the like..

Take care,Be Safe and Enjoy Collecting...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turn off "make an offer" and ignore emails from potential "buyers". All the communication they need to do can be through the BID button.
See, that’s what’s frustrating. I don’t even have offers available for this listing. On top of the offer being hilariously low, it was also unsolicited

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
The worst is when you sell something and the buyer won't pay. Sometimes they ghost you, but the worst is definitely when they go "Oh no! My son bought this without my permission"

or "I need to cancel this"

And it's like WTF?!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
See, that’s what’s frustrating. I don’t even have offers available for this listing. On top of the offer being hilariously low, it was also unsolicited

There are people out there trying to take advantage of possible COVID desperation. I wouldn't even respond to those clowns.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I assume its used.. If that's the case it doesn't matter how much the retail is but in what condition it is, if you have box etc and what the market says...if for example you can find it on chrono for 2.5 k then the 1.8k is a bit unreasonable but not unrealistic.
Anyway as I make only assumptions and I don't know the facts my advice is that if you are going to sell watches you just have to accept the fact that you will get low ballers coming your way.
Imagine what AD's hear every day..

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
I don't sell on EBay anymore.

However, this issue isn't a problem just on EBay.

Other fora also have members who try and 'negotiate' like this.

I usually respond with: Thanks for the offer of XXXX, I'd be glad to accept that sum as a deposit towards my watch etc.

Works every single time.

:LOL:

1 - 20 of 221 Posts