WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is the thickest and heaviest bracelet?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what the thickest bracelets out there are. My thickest currently is the famous watchadoo.

It seems like some of the Fortis offerings (B-42 series) have some really thick links.

Looking for suggestions on THICK and HEAVY bracelets.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Thickest I have are these two at 6mm .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't leave me hanging like that! What are they? They look awesome, especially that first one with the allen head bolts. What metal is it made from, Ti? Amazing pics too!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
My guess first one is a Formex. Second one, no clue.
Big good? If you have the wrists to pull it of, yes. On me? Will look like I slapped on some caterpilartracks.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My guess first one is a Formex. Second one, no clue.
Big good? If you have the wrists to pull it of, yes. On me? Will look like I slapped on some caterpilartracks.
2nd one is the 1 pound invicta:) thats 26mm bracelet and 6mm thick

weights 16oz

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Exactamondo Big man.:-!
shane, you know what i wonder...

if this sucker was titanium and had decent movement, i be so over it :)

hell, even quartz would have worked, 1 of those seiko 8f56 movements thats perpetual calendar, gmt, 8 year battery and +-15 seconds a year (high beat i think it does 98000 beats)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
shane, you know what i wonder...

if this sucker was titanium and had decent movement, i be so over it :)

hell, even quartz would have worked, 1 of those seiko 8f56 movements thats perpetual calendar, gmt, 8 year battery and +-15 seconds a year (high beat i think it does 98000 beats)
The SW 200 in this beast so far is dang good (surprisingly so), as to the weight?? Personally i would not change a thing, as it is not noticable to me at all, I dont care if Timex or Apoguam made THIS watch, I love it, it is a tool dive watch, with a killer bezel action great build and quality, and for $750, for this beater, I'm as happy as a dog with two knobs..

Hope to have the Modded one back soon from Jack too.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The SW 200 in this beast so far is dang good (surprisingly so), as to the weight?? Personally i would not change a thing, as it is not noticable to me at all, I dont care if Timex or Apoguam made THIS watch, I love it, it is a tool dive watch, with a killer bezel action great build and quality, and for $750, for this beater, I'm as happy as a dog with two knobs..

Hope to have the Modded one back soon from Jack too.
:-d LMAO, Shane you crack me up mate! Is that a Delaurian original quote or what? What dog wouldn't be happy with two knobs? It would truly be the dogs bollox! :-d

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This one on the Sector 1000M is pretty thick too. No wonder it doesn't feel as light as a Ti should. :)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
:-d LMAO, Shane you crack me up mate! Is that a Delaurian original quote or what? What dog wouldn't be happy with two knobs? It would truly be the dogs bollox! :-d

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
shanes is a variation of a english phrase. happy as a puppy with 2 peters:-d

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
also, out of your list, only Invicta makes the thickest bracelet. the subaqua series and shanes watch. number 2 would be the formex ds 2000.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
also, out of your list, only Invicta makes the thickest bracelet. the subaqua series and shanes watch. number 2 would be the formex ds 2000.
Actually Sean the Subaqua bracelet is considerably thinner than the Leviathans bracelet, the SA III is 3mm and 5mm at the screw section, you know that bump on the bracelet that has the screws.

The original SA noma has 5mm thick links.

UTS is like 5mm so that is a substantial bracelet too.

Tag is thick at the head but tapers to the underside.

The Jorg Kubus is a serios bracelet heavier that a Nuns stash.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shane, you seem to be the goto guy for big, beefy bracelets. I just measured and the Watchadoo is only 4mm thick, which is nothing compared to your specimens. It seems that 6mm is the ultimate, in your Leviathan Invicta, and 5mm seems about the largest before that beast came into the picture.

My next watch must have at least a 5mm bracelet. I'm hoping a Fortis B-42 meets those prerequisites, since I've had my eye on the MarineMaster with Luminous Dial. Anybody have one who can verify?

I just really want more "balance". My Sumo seems a bit extreme - a Large and Heavy watch on a 20mm wide bracelet that tapers to 18mm and only 3mm thick! (REALLY "top heavy")

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Shane, you seem to be the goto guy for big, beefy bracelets. I just measured and the Watchadoo is only 4mm thick, which is nothing compared to your specimens. It seems that 6mm is the ultimate, in your Leviathan Invicta, and 5mm seems about the largest before that beast came into the picture.

My next watch must have at least a 5mm bracelet. I'm hoping a Fortis B-42 meets those prerequisites, since I've had my eye on the MarineMaster with Luminous Dial. Anybody have one who can verify?

I just really want more "balance". My Sumo seems a bit extreme - a Large and Heavy watch on a 20mm wide bracelet that tapers to 18mm and only 3mm thick! (REALLY "top heavy")
Realistically 5mm is about it, the leviathan is extreme in all counts, what you could do is snag a beefy bracelet like a 22mm 24mm even a 26mm??? if that is the same width as the outer lugs ? on your watch, and custom fit it into the 20mm lug area, thus giving you a super wide bracelet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Check out the bracelet on the Anonimo Professionalle. That is some thick steel - not sure how thick but serious weight. Sure someone out there has a pic.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts