WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Does someboday know where can I find a thin, yellow gold mercedes handset for 4R35 movement? The only Seiko part sources I know is Dagaz and Yobokies, they only have the "fat" hand like these:
YG3.jpg
IMG_1490.jpg
While I'm looking for these thin elegent hands (with golden plated of course)
131124022702592229.jpg
18986678-B358-46CC-B603-D3C61F30273D.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Never liked the mercedes hands... Could never get a submariner for that reason (let's say ;D I'm broke). Did you fit the 4r35 inside the SKX case? Sorry I'm not updated on mods n' such, but does it drop right in? What about spacer, stem etc.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, I couldn't find anything. I'm waiting for another dial to make another mod (actually I'm planning it even before this idea comes, but now the correct dial has just been made!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does someboday know where can I find a thin, yellow gold mercedes handset for 4R35 movement? The only Seiko part sources I know is Dagaz and Yobokies, they only have the "fat" hand like these
What are "thin" mercedes hands? Isn't there basically only one design – ie, the rolex version and its copycats.

EDIT: I looked at the pictures you supplied, specifically the lumed area of the hour and minute hands. The width between the "thin" and the "fat" photos are pretty much consistent in both sets.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
What are "thin" mercedes hands? Isn't there basically only one design – ie, the rolex version and its copycats.

EDIT: I looked at the pictures you supplied, specifically the lumed area of the hour and minute hands. The width between the "thin" and the "fat" photos are pretty much consistent in both sets.
No there are are two. The newer ones feature a thicker minute hand and the classic Subs feature a thinner hand.

Instagram - Dec1968watches

1 - 11 of 11 Posts