WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone here have any very thin and simple yet affordable watches? My friend has the one in the image attached, and I want one very similar (I don't want to have the same one). Does anyone have any advice?
Preferably under $200, with a smaller case. I have no preference of the mechanism, or second hands. Thanks!
silver-white-dark-gray_1024x1024.jpg !

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
What is your budget?
Do you have a preferential range for case sizes?
Do you prefer auto, hand wind, quartz or do you not care?
Do you want a date complication?
Do you require the watch to have a seconds had? Do you prefer subsidiary seconds or central seconds?

Welcome to WUS...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your first three points of interest are thin, simple, and affordable. For me, the first word that comes to mind is Skagen. I think some of their inexpensive watches are very stylish, although some folks around here would call them a fashion watch, gasp.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Rodina automatic wrist watch will give you the antea KS/ Nomos Tangente look for around that amount.

Reactions: Relgozen

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
hmm... it's a bit harder to get thinner unless you go quartz, in which case the ecodrive/skagen are great suggestions. for mechanical, i'd say anything in the bauhaus style, similar to nomos, junghans, and stowa. more affordable versions can be found in the junkers bauhaus, zeppelin flatline series, and aristo 4h144q but won't be quite as simplistic as the ones you posted.

Reactions: BarisKiris

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
wait, how can i forget? hmt sona and junghans master handwind. one is really below your budget, the other is really above :p

Reactions: Relgozen

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Definitely look at Skagen, i think they are king of the thin, modern affordable watch.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There's also Mondaine which I love. They have a few different models to chose from.
4538_Traditon-im-Blick-Mondaine-Simply-Elegant.jpg

Reactions: BarisKiris

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Now that's a nice/thin/elegant watch with mesh bracelet. Two thumbs up.
I agree, love that watch, but that won't be anywhere near the $200 max specified by the OP.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I agree, love that watch, but that won't be anywhere near the $200 max specified by the OP.
It's not unusual to see them around that price, some models are cheaper than others too but in the end they all look quite similar, if the op goes with a quartz model he can find one even new. Or used, they pop up here from time to time. I bought a mondaine giant slightly used here for well under $150, he could buy an aftermarket mesh on ebay for very very cheap and complete the look.

Reactions: sduford
1 - 18 of 18 Posts