WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to purchase one? I have bought several watches from Creation watches. Very good service too. However they are a little more expensive than others on the Sumo. Any other good options?
Thanks

Reactions: kol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Siya website. They have this note on the Sumo. Are these like a B stock???
NOTE

• The alignment of chapter ring and index has some difference if we look it strictly.

• And it is the same for the alignment of a bezel index and a face index.

• In general,Seiko's screw down crowns are not smooth as Swiss manufactures'.

·
Registered
255 Posts
On the Siya website. They have this note on the Sumo. Are these like a B stock???
NOTE

• The alignment of chapter ring and index has some difference if we look it strictly.

• And it is the same for the alignment of a bezel index and a face index.

• In general,Seiko's screw down crowns are not smooth as Swiss manufactures'.

I was wondering the same thing. Is this indicative all Sumo's? I don't think Seiya carries blims or sub par stuff. Maybe someone with some Sumo experience can comment.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just bought my blue Sumo from ebay, along with another WUS member. Check out "ibuyjp" as he has prices comparable to the big three dealers mentioned above. I ordered mine on Monday night and it was delivered on Friday. I recommend checking it out.

One thing to note though, I did not get a yellow Prospex box with the Sumo, but I didn't worry about it too much since the explanation was sound, as provided to another WUS member (i.e. some Seikos have been shipping without the yellow box lately). Yeah it would have been cool to get a yellow box, but it would have just sat in storage.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Is this indicative all Sumo's? I don't think Seiya carries blims or sub par stuff. Maybe someone with some Sumo experience can comment.
Seller is probably just covering all bases-trying to be as up front as possible to avoid any mis-understandings or possibly disappointed buyers.

I can't speak to the bezel alignment as my Sumo's bezel is perfect. But the winding of the 6r15 has been known to feel slightly 'gritty' as compared with the most common eta 2824 that is a LOT of other dive watches. The 6r15 is more then just a modified base 7s26 seiko cal. There is a slighty different regulator. The main plates have been machined out to except a lever bar and mechanism for the hacking action and the crown stem has two separate cogs for hack/winding/date/setting. When screwing the crown back in after winding/setting the crown continues to wind the watch until the threads are seated and snug. Some may find this disconcerting (at least at first). It also contributes to the feeling that it is not "as smooth" as Swiss. My Sumo is totally 'smooth'. If I listen up close to the sound it is a finely pitched whizz. But as I said-seller is probably just laying it all out.

Other then that-I have been wearing mine pretty much non-stop for past 2 weeks. It exceeded my expectations and I read quite a bit about it in all respects. If absolute price is your goal I think higuchi is the best but is often out of stock. the other sellers mentioned I see have good feedback scores. I used ibuyjp on ebay because he was cheaper then the other two mentioned-but a little more then higuchi. Also-if boxes are important to you you may want to ask seller which box you will receive. Some come in a yellow prospex box while others come in a plain grey seiko box but still with all approp. tags and cards. good luck.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK..... I just purchased the Blue Sumo.. Really could NOT decide between Blue or Black. I sold my Blue Zixen so I didn't have a blue watch any more...

Now tell me this. Isn't there a BETTER bracelet out there from someone? I had read there was. Maybe I am mistaken.. Let me know if there is. Thanks

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
i guess i will buy a black sumo

i would like an orange sumo, but want it on bracelet , and i only see it on rubber , it becomes to cost to also buy the bracelet seperate

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
He also has some other bracelets. There's his beads of rice bracelet:

(JFLUX13's pic)

Also, Yobokies' Super Oyster:

(Veatorious's pic)

Here it is on Yobokies' Hammer bracelet:

(Yobokies' pic)

and since I'm posting, here's the Sumo on Yobokies' anvil:

(cold_beer839's pic)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Seller is probably just covering all bases-trying to be as up front as possible to avoid any mis-understandings or possibly disappointed buyers.

I can't speak to the bezel alignment as my Sumo's bezel is perfect. But the winding of the 6r15 has been known to feel slightly 'gritty' as compared with the most common eta 2824 that is a LOT of other dive watches. The 6r15 is more then just a modified base 7s26 seiko cal. There is a slighty different regulator. The main plates have been machined out to except a lever bar and mechanism for the hacking action and the crown stem has two separate cogs for hack/winding/date/setting. When screwing the crown back in after winding/setting the crown continues to wind the watch until the threads are seated and snug. Some may find this disconcerting (at least at first). It also contributes to the feeling that it is not "as smooth" as Swiss. My Sumo is totally 'smooth'. If I listen up close to the sound it is a finely pitched whizz. But as I said-seller is probably just laying it all out.

Other then that-I have been wearing mine pretty much non-stop for past 2 weeks. It exceeded my expectations and I read quite a bit about it in all respects. If absolute price is your goal I think higuchi is the best but is often out of stock. the other sellers mentioned I see have good feedback scores. I used ibuyjp on ebay because he was cheaper then the other two mentioned-but a little more then higuchi. Also-if boxes are important to you you may want to ask seller which box you will receive. Some come in a yellow prospex box while others come in a plain grey seiko box but still with all approp. tags and cards. good luck.
My Sumo purchased new March 2012 from Higuchi...perfect. Nothing wrong with the alignment or date window. In my research I came across some posts about the date not lining up right. I totally agree with DaBaeker. The crown has a "gritty" feel. Mine keeps excellent time.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have to get me that 22mm Anvil for the Sumo. Any idea of the price?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts