WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have two beautiful Rolex Submariners, a SS and a TT. Along with that I have an Emergency Mission. I like all three and give them equal wrist time. The Emergency is a great watch and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fred,
Thats a very open ended questune your asking. Maybe you should first give your impressions/thoughts about getting this piece and then we can help fill in the blanks.

The E is not my favorite but has a huge following here.

What do YOU think about it??? what are your concerns. ie: price, size, service, Breitlingness, SQ issues, Titanium issues, etc....
pete
pete

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hi Fred welcome to our forum.

Now that is an open question!!!!

May I ask as too what you want from the watch?

Are you an aviator needing a personal transmitter.....or do you just like the look?

Do you want a tool watch? with alarms, time zones, chrono functions?

The Emergency is a delightful looking watch, and light to wear.

Be aware tho it does have it's shortcomings in my opinion...I have one so I feel qualified to say as such.

No backlight on the digital display.
Very quiet alarm
Difficult to change time

Apart from that let's look at the upside

Beautifully engineered
Great range of dial colours...mmmm yellow.....
2 Excellent bracelet choices
Tough as you like
And it could save your life.

So.

If you are after a total tool watch go for a B1 or Airwolf.

If you fly and need a friend....go Emergency.

OR if like me you just love how it looks.....

Emergency.

Hope this assists.

Davey

G

·
"Thinking about a Breitling Emergency...any thoughts?"

None. This watch will incur costs in the region of 10s of thousands of US$ if I use it without being in an emergency. I am not a pilot or anything like that. Seems a pointless expense.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

None. This watch will incur costs in the region of 10s of thousands of US$ if I use it without being in an emergency. I am not a pilot or anything like that. Seems a pointless expense.
Welcome to the forum potz

I think.

You have given NO reason your opinion should be considered......Did you ask Mr Fred what his occupation is? Why he is looking at this piece?

Go away...right now unless you have anything positive or informative to add to this thread

IDIOT FOOL

GO AWAY

please.

Stop wasting our time.

Davey

G

·

I think.

You have given NO reason your opinion should be considered......Did you ask Mr Fred what his occupation is? Why he is looking at this piece?

Go away...right now unless you have anything positive or informative to add to this thread

IDIOT FOOL

GO AWAY

please.

Stop wasting our time.

Davey
So what makes your insults and opinion count for so much then? The man asked for our thoughts in a general way. I expressed mine.

Now follow your own advice and hopefully someone will condescend to teach you not to be so obnoxious and rude to people you don't even know.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Gentlemen, don't make me lock what would ordinarily be an informative thread for the original poster.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Potz

I was probably a little rude in my reply....but I am passionate about this brand and you are right as to the penalties as to the wrong usage of the transmitter. Currently £10,000.

Maybe Fred just wants a gorgeous watch???? Who cares if it costs a little more....I'm sure his AD would explain the responsibilities as he gives them his passport number address......etc etc etc.

D

Ps posted before mr Todd waved his big stick.

G

·
I am maybe not exactly passionate about Breitling, but I presently have four of them ranging in date from 1942 to 1999. My fifth, a Chrono Avenger, was part of a trade last year. Of course I will gladly post pix of them as well as the occasion arises. My Chronomat GT was already shown in the "Watcha wearing this Friday" thread which I opened.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
I am maybe not exactly passionate about Breitling, but I presently have four of them ranging in date from 1942 to 1999. the fifth, a Chrono Avenger, was part of a trade last year. Of course I will gladly post pix of them as well as the occasion arises. My Chronomat GT was already shown in the "Watcha wearing this Friday" thread which I opened.

No no, post pics of this one ASAP. This one is my new love. I can't stop thinking about the CA. I actually think I'm going to get an M1 since I've become more fond of quartz watches which don't need regular servicing (at least in my book). And I hope it's blue.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
As you can see from Davey's pics it is a beautiful Breitling. The Airwolf may be another model for you to consider as a daily wearer. It has a laundry list of functions and is a looker:-!

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

I think.

IDIOT FOOL

GO AWAY

please.

Stop wasting our time.

Davey
Davey remember the talk we had about kicking the caffein habit:-d

Now break out the de caf;-)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
So what makes your insults and opinion count for so much then? The man asked for our thoughts in a general way. I expressed mine.

Now follow your own advice and hopefully someone will condescend to teach you not to be so obnoxious and rude to people you don't even know.
I feel you were highly condescending in your uneven reply to Freds' post as you offered no argument other than that of the fine for the incorrect deployment of the transmitter, can you not agree to that?

What of the cost if Fred is a PPL owner or military aviator...you never even assumed to ask?

As for my opinions.

Errrr I currently own an Emergency.....a B1 and an Airwolf.

I even read the instructions....

So, I do know a little about them......no, I do, really!!!!

Obnoxious moi? You assumed Fred was unaware of why the emergency was thus called!

perhaps.

But I do know there is much more to the Emergency than a fine for deploying the antenna in a queue at the local takeaway because you might miss the movie.....:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Oh look an Emergency!

Is that a B1 I see before me?

WOOLFY!!!!

Davey

My last post, because i'm rude.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

I want one just so I can yank out the antenna. I need the attention.;-)
:-d

1 - 20 of 33 Posts