WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw a JOA in the sales forum and I thought it looks really nice and seem really well constructed. I got his contact info but i have been told he has no website so I would love to see what kind of JOA watches that WUS has bought in the past and I would appreciate any statements/comments about the watches' construction and reliability. I would also appreciate it if owners can answer a few questions:

1. What is the turn around time from payment to delivery?
2. What are the different options ?
3. I buy watches for keeps, so i would love to know if there are any long term owners who can speak to its reliability.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
1. Mine took about two weeks but it all depends on each project. When speaking with him he quoted me different times when I discussed alternative versions of what I wanted. For example, some people have requested more decorated NOS Hamilton hand wind movements in their watches which might add more time.

2. Whatever you want. Basically whatever kind of Pam homages there are, Johel can make it in whatever combination you want provided he doesn't have to machine a specialized case or build a new movement from the ground up. 44, 45, 47 mm case. Stainless steel case or titanium. Polished or brushed. Luminor or Radiomir case. Base model dial, California dial, sandwich dial, printed dial, custom dial, etc.. C1, C2, C3, C(whatever) lume, even no lume (not sure why you want no lume but if that's what floats your boat).

3. Not a long time owner but I found the accuracy to be superb.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I concur with Nightowl's comments.

I have two JOA builds, one with a Hamilton movement and one with a decorated ETA6497, and both are great value for the money.

Accuracy of both watches is excellent, great build quality and the lume is uniform and very bright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts