WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my collection, which I enjoy is currently at 5 watches. The Omega Aqua Terra Master Coaxial blue, Omega Planet Ocean 2500, Tudor Black Bay, Bremont Solo and Aegir CD-2.

AT.jpg PO.jpg Black Bay.jpg Bremont.jpg aegir.jpg

The AT is staying and probably the Aegir is staying as a beater/weekend watch. I am thinking of selling the PO, the Black Bay and The Bremont Solo to pick up the SubC 114046

114060.jpg

What do you think...stick with the 5 I have, or unload the three to have a three watch rotation of the Sub/AT/Aegir?

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
It all depends on preferences. I would not but if the Rolex is really important to you then go ahead.

For me the PO and black bay are way cooler watches than the sub. Not to mention the sub is the most common of watches out there.

The rest I would flip in a heartbeat but not for a sub.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would sell the PO and the Bremont and the Aegir and buy a Rolex Explorer II polar.

That would give you the Omega Aqua Terra, Tudor Black Bay and Rolex Explorer II - pretty awesome 3 watch collection

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Imho your plan is a good one. I love the way you describe the Aegir as your beater, it'll serve you well in that capacity.

IMG_1527.JPG

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I would Throw the PO on a strap to change up the look and use that as a weekend beater. Sell the AT.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I sold an Omega AT and a couple of lesser expensive watches to go towards a Rolex SubC. Kept an Omega Seamaster and a Stowa Flieger. Didn't buy another watch for over two years after acquiring the Rolex. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would sell the PO and the Bremont and the Aegir and buy a Rolex Explorer II polar.

That would give you the Omega Aqua Terra, Tudor Black Bay and Rolex Explorer II - pretty awesome 3 watch collection
Interesting thought. I thought about that with the Sub instead of the Polar, but the Polar threesome is intriguing. As best I can figure, I would come up about a little short on funds, but might be worth the stretch.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I'd make that swap in a heartbeat, provided you've put one on your wrist and were happy with it. I didn't think anything could make me question my choice to go with the GMT-II, until a friend picked up a submariner two weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
I would do it too

·
Registered
346 Posts
I will sell the Aegir, Blackbay and (either bremont / PO, I am indifferent). The sub is itself a beater, so you would need the Aegir. Sub > BB (to me). While sub is common, it is a very good watch. I will go for it

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Personally I wouldn't, as I'd prefer to have your current grouping, but if having a sub is important to you, and you really think you'd be happy with a smaller collection, then do it. I like having a variety to choose from, so I'd never make that move, especially for a sub.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Whatever we say, you are sold and you know it. Once it hits you it doesn't go away! The sub is not my thing, but it is on your radar for a reason.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
It's commons to get the Rolex bug, it's like gold fever, only owning a Rolex will fix the issue, so you should go ahead and do it.

Regadless of personal taste this shadow will haunt every watch purchase and ultimately damge your enjoyment. This goes for anyone in the same boat regardless of the watch brand, I'm lucky that many of the super highend watches aren't to my taste, otherwise I'd be in trouble

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would do it just to experience what many would consider the best overall watch. I have no regrets selling my Sub C but it was worth it just to kill the itch and experiencing owning one.

And you don't exactly lose much if you decide to sell it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts