WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i love my buzzbait stealth dw-6900 so much, i'm thinking of making a 'bizarro' dw-6900bz. all white! i figured i could use this model:

and swap the module out with a white bezel/strap.

HOWEVER: the bezel i've found has black G-SHOCK lettering. if i were to remove the lettering paint using goof off, will the white bezel crumble/soften more than the black one does (which is pretty much not at all)? also, would the paint from the lettering 'cloud' the goof off and cause a slight dye job on the white bezel? is it hard to remove the paint from the 5th EL button (it looks like the G is either grey or light blue); or paint over it if need be? would white paint be a good alternative to goof-off to remove the (what looks like) black paint from the bezel?

and lastly: do they make WHITE bull bars for the dw-6900?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Never seen white bull bars, and these days ordinary ones are virtually impossible to get.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
You should be able to remove the lettering with Goof Off no problem. I guess it would show any problems more than a darker color, but it should be basically the same material as the black one. Painting the black text white would also work.

If you ever do locate a regular black face protector, you could try painting it. I think that would be the only way to get a white one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a great looking dw-6900...
it looks like you painted the letters on the bezel white, am i right?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess that would depend on:
a). if i go through with it and
b). if it turns out

i was thinking maybe "liquid paper" (AKA white-out), or maybe "my name is earl (the pearl)"

those are just crappy names off the top of my head; if i do go through with it and it does turn out, i'll DEFINITELY need to come up with a better name.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i guess that would depend on:
a). if i go through with it and
b). if it turns out

i was thinking maybe "liquid paper" (AKA white-out), or maybe "my name is earl (the pearl)"

those are just crappy names off the top of my head; if i do go through with it and it does turn out, i'll DEFINITELY need to come up with a better name.
How about "ghosting" it? :-d

·
Registered
721 Posts
"Powdered" 6900??? Like the main character "Powder" from the old, forgotten movie "Powder". You know, struck by lightning mother, albino son is delivered and grows up with special powers and guy is nicknamed "Powder"?

Back to the OP's post...Love the idea for your mod jiro.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about "ghosting" it? :-d
that actually entered my mind right after i posted the 'reverse stealth' thread name...i couldn't think of it earlier today though!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi! Assuming the white resin is the same as the black resin, Goof-off will not harm it. It will harm the EL button, so don't touch that! Just lay the bezel face down in the Goof-off, wait a few minutes, then scrub everything off with a tooth brush. Rinse in water. Good luck!
P

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Very trick idea!

I like the sound of it too..."ghosting".

But...also makes me think of:

:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If you can find the 'bull bars' you could sand off the black and have silver, then if you wanted you could paint or powder coat them white.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts