WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering, what's the thinnest (lowest profile) G-Shock with the 5th button for EL (the one on face of the watch)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Thinnest (lowest profile) G-Shock with the 5th EL button (the one on face of the watch

probably the g-2300 or 2110

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Re: Thinnest (lowest profile) G-Shock with the 5th EL button (the one on face of the watch

Hello Stockae,
Hmm, I think it's splitting hairs when you talk about the 5 button models.

I noted that the dw-9000/9052/9050 models were smaller to my eyes than the g-2300 (et. al.).

I'm hedging my best here, but it might end up being some of the latest releases. For example, the mudman, gl- series etc.

Out of curiosity, I have to ask would it have something to do with the "under the shirt
sleeve" portion of the pagent?

EDIT: I shoud add too Stockae, that javy's site is very handy in that it lists specs for all their models prominately. I know when I shopped around, this made comparison of features very easy. Something the older "blue" g-shock site offered too; a comparison feature.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

i am wondering, what's the thinnest (lowest profile) G-Shock with the 5th button for EL (the one on face of the watch)?
I am not 100% sure, but I think it could be the new GW-810 series. as you might know, I got two weeks ago the GW-810BXD and it measures exactly 14mm in thickness (including the shock absorbers on top, without them it's 13,5mm) - that makes it the flatest in my collection.

G-UY said:
probably the g-2300 or 2110
well I can't say for the G-2110 (although I believe the case is identical to the G-2300) but the G-2300 most definetely not. it measures 16mm on a resin strap and 18mm on the nylon/velcro strap.

regards, holger

·
G-Shock Mod
14,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanks guys for the advise and info :)

i will look into those suggestions

actually, this more about wearing-the-watch-sleeping-comfortably :-D

·
Registered
29,512 Posts

thanks guys for the advise and info :)

i will look into those suggestions

actually, this more about wearing-the-watch-sleeping-comfortably :-D
I think the profile of the watch may make as much difference as the depth. Square-profiled watches are more likely to 'resist' shirt sleeves, bed sheets, or whatever.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts

Square-profiled watches are more likely to 'resist' shirt sleeves, bed sheets, or whatever.
It's the "Whatever" that complains the loudest about my watches :-D (sorry, couldn't resist).

I think all 5 button G shock's with the light button on top have the Capsule Tough construction or are even thicker (DW-8400 Mudman, Raysman). I won't considder the G-2300 thin. In the beginning I thought it was smaller and thinner than other G's, but it's purely the design. The dimentions are exactly the same as that of a DW-6900 Triple Eyed Devil.

This one ain't thin, but it is awesome looking;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
29,512 Posts

It's the "Whatever" that complains the loudest about my watches :-D (sorry, couldn't resist).
If you mean what I think you mean, I now have unfortunate images in my head... ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts

iwhat's the thinnest (lowest profile) G-Shock with the 5th button for EL?

I did a little bit of research a while back & I think G-8000 is the thinnest 5-buttoner with the thickness of 11.2mm. However, I refuse to consider those 8000ers G-Shocks. :-D

The 2nd thinnest according to my info is a surprise: G-2500 at 11.5mm. Actually the overall size of that watch is not much bigger than a normal Baby-G, pix can be deceiving I guess...

BTW, long time first time... ;-)

·
G-Shock Mod
14,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I did a little bit of research a while back & I think G-800 is the thinnest 5-buttoner with the thickness of 11.2mm. However, I refuse to consider those 800ers G-Shocks. :-D

The 2nd thinnest according to my info is a surprise: G-2500 at 11.5mm. Actually the overall size of that watch is not much bigger than a normal Baby-G, pix can be deceiving I guess...

BTW, long time first time... ;-)
thanks for the info, right time for first time ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts