WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I personally have not used Loctite, any color, on any of my watches, Damasko or otherwise. I do however check them occasionally when changing bracelets to straps or vice versa. If I am working on one area I'll tighten or check a few more near that one just to make sure. I do this with anything and everything I own that has screws, it is considered basic and routine to do so and very often it is mentioned in manuals and instructions to periodically check and tighten all screws and nuts etc.

In the case with watches it is something I enjoy as you get to tinker a bit with the things you enjoy and in some cases have paid a good sum for or have feelings and emotions involved if its a grail piece etc. I would never think that a missing screw is poor function or design seeing as this is how the human race has attached things together for a long long time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a few other watches with screws holding the links in place but they appear less prone to moving. I suppose because they are constructed in a slightly different fashion.

This is how Oris does it and my 2 Orises (or my Sinn) don't suffer from loose screws, only the Damasko.
What model Oris watch do you have? My Oris Pilot bracelet uses friction pins, no screws. It is a "fine link" design.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally have not used Loctite, any color, on any of my watches, Damasko or otherwise.
When I got my two Damasko's from Watchmann, the daggone screws were so tight I was sure I would snap them off.
And I found no Loctite on them either.
Thanks both, very useful - I have a bracelet on its way and was undecided whether to put Loctite on, but now I'm convinced to leave it off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any screw can come out. This is not a flaw, but in this case demonstrates a feature. As opposed to many bracelets, the damasko design requires that you lose TWO screws for the whole thing to fall apart. I’d say that’s a great design.

Reactions: Cahanc
21 - 31 of 31 Posts