WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought up this idea so that all of us could get to see some really sweet eye-candy ...

Please post pics of the most beautiful watch(es) you think you'll be purchasing within the next 2 to 3 (or 4) years.

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
Cool idea. OK. First up.

Bathys 100F (probably black PVD) - if my interests holds, I'm hoping to grab this guy before summer kicks into full gear:

Second, a Ball of some sort - I love a number of them, one of my favorites is below though. As
long as their prices stay relatively stable I'm hoping I could swing one within a year.

Now for the pipe dreams:

Within 4 years I think it's possible that I could pick up one of my original grails - Omega Speedmaster Pro - it's probably, at least, 2 years out. Unless I find an incredible pre-owned deal.

And maybe a Rolex Sub no-date, though that's almost certainly out of the 5 year plan, if I spend money on the watches noted above.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
One of these (maybe both if I win the lottery). Modest looking watches compared to what I'm expecting to see here.

First choice: KonTiki Date (or maybe the KonTiki Four Hands)

Second choice: Madison SpheroDrive 8-Days

pics borrowed from the net with thanks.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Since I asked the question, it's only fair I put up mine -

The SS one, of course ... hoping to get it when I get my PhD (should be in less than 2 years time).

If I can find one in great shape ... (hopefully in within a 3 year time frame if at all, else perhaps a different LUC model)

Definitely within the next 4 years, if all goes well ...

There are others I'm thinking about, but these are definitely my top three! Pics not mine, of course ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great Post.

Stowa Antea 390 (This is first option as it is the most affordable). Hope to purchase this by the end of the year. Just a classy looking dress watch!

Ball Engineer Master II DLC (This Year if the money stays right).

4-5 Year: Corum Admiral Cup Black Challenge (I'm Dreaming!)

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I have a Chopard L.U.C. on my list too - it's the model 1860 in white gold and it's very similar to the Sport you posted:

Got a line on an older Piaget Altiplano yesterday too. Always liked the simplicity of that series' dials, so you'll see an incoming thread one of these days when it gets done being refurbished.

I really like the Chronoswiss Kairos and I check regularly to see if one pops up for sale.

Unless I find the perfect Breguet, that Kairos may very well find it's way into my collection.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have a Chopard L.U.C. on my list too - it's the model 1860 in white gold and it's very similar to the Sport you posted:

Got a line on an older Piaget Altiplano yesterday too. Always liked the simplicity of that series' dials, so you'll see an incoming thread one of these days when it gets done being refurbished.

I really like the Chronoswiss Kairos and I check regularly to see if one pops up for sale.

Unless I find the perfect Breguet, that Kairos may very well find it's way into my collection.
I always loved the looks of the Chronoswiss brand as a dress watch. You very rarely ever see Chonoswiss watches here.:-s I wonder why?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Woo! Nice choices. Walrus, I think you're my brother from another mother.

I could get my number two grail (probably used) in that time frame.
Speedy Pro
Pic by jbdan.

Or I could go for my number three: SMP quartz

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I always loved the looks of the Chronoswiss brand as a dress watch. You very rarely ever see Chonoswiss watches here.:-s I wonder why?
No real idea why, other than maybe they're too dressy and dive/tool watches dominate the discussion forums. That series is also "only" 38 mm with a mid-size 34 mm option which would be "puny" to most who seem to want 40 mm or better nowadays. You also never see Piaget watches but that's gonna change soon! ;-)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
OK, I'll play............

within the year I'll probably try & pick up one of these from Stowa

My next "big" purchase will probably be a Longines; either this Lindbergh one:

Or the Trans-Atlantic Chrono:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
also today :)-d) i really like this one...nomos tangomat

ditto, that's a superb watch, although I would probably choose the one with black dials insce I'm pretty much a black dial freak. I'm just hoping that in the near future more pieces will show up on the used market, I don't feel like paying full premium for it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't know if I'll be able to save that much money but:

1) Zenith Chronomaster XXT Open Grande Date

2) Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer 43mm

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I'm dreaming now, but in 2011 or 2012 I'd like to pick up a Sea Dweller, or maybe a Sub if Rolex improves the current pathetic bracelet and clasp:

And if you will allow me to bake a real big pie in the sky, in 2013 or 2014 I'd really like one of these Dornbluths:

On a slightly more realistic but still totally awesome level, I might add a Marinemaster 300:

or even, if I get really lucky,a 6159-7001:

These would look great in my box next to a Darth Tuna:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stunning Madison, Sherry, absolutely love it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
One or two of these 3 will end up on my wrist within some time.

(it does really need a different strap...)

The first two might be the 'welfare' Breguets, but I do prefer them over their (still slightly affordable) brothers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts