WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I am far from an expert, but the hands do not look as though they belong on this particular watch.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Agreed. The dial AND hands look off to me. Please have it appraised at your local AD...a small price to pay for peace of mind!

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Several things do not appear correct. The Rolex logo on the dial looks nice and bright but the hour markers look duller. The hands look quite new, compared to the hour markers. I cannot imagine this watch being a 'real' Rolex watch.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
The more you look at this Watch, the more obvious it is that this watch is not a real Rolex. The word "Rolex" appears nice and clear, whereas the words Oyster Perpetual and Date appear duller. The word Date is larger than Oyster and Perpetual. Perhaps this is how genuine Rolex's are like, with regards the wording but they just do not look correct to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody mentioned the obvious (or what I thought would be obvious) - there's not T SWISS T on the dial - it couldn't be from 1979 - and the lume dots don't look like the one's I've seen on other original dials from hat time period. Too bad - was gonna buy it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
No, it's not original.

Shine a light on the dial (in the dark of course) and you should see the lume dots light up indicating a post '98 Luminova service dial. Same with the hands..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts