WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Stowa make this Ikarus anymore? I like the current one but I think this one may be more of what I am looking for.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Only aftermarket - it is former version of Ikarus.

Reactions: White Tuna

·
Registered
357 Posts
It´s simple and beautiful

Reactions: White Tuna

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. :)

Yes, It is simple an beautiful. I like it very much. I would buy one. Do you know if it would be possible to get the white date wheel with the black numbers on the newer version? I am looking for something to wear under a dress shirt.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I also prefer this older version Ikarus because the crown is much better made as well as the dial IMO.
...but the awkward number spacing and apparent lack of lume on the numbers on this older model are negatives in my book. I do like the old crown and dial, but if it was an either/or I would have to go with the newer version.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not find the number spacing awkward and the lume is not as important since I would wear this to work. I think the new lumed second hand could be a nice addition but I also could go with this older second hand on the newer model. I am looking for something to wear to work and I think this would be great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm from Taiwan and I'm a Stowa fan. To me, the simple, classic and beautiful style of Stowa is always my only choice.
I own a flieger no logo, 2801 hand-wind, and will soon purchase a Marine Original.
A big wish for me: Stowa to reintroduce "the white ikarus".
I couldn't quite figure it out why Stowa moved to the present version.
The old version of white ikarus was such a beautiful watch that caught my eyes on first sight.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The current "silver" or "Rhodium" finish is quite classy in the right light; however, I would have preferred a more silver dial, not white, but silver, but in the end, to each his own!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think my "problem" with the current one is the numbers with thin outline and lumi. It is a bit too busy IMHO. I'd much prefer the full black letterings of the older version with split-second tick marks. I'd probably like the Rhodium finish dial itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why don't they just put the white or silver Ikarus on a different line?
From their appearances, the Rhodium version is so different a watch from the Silver version.

My personal preference will be:
41-42mm size,
onion head,
2801 movement,
see-through back,
definitely, blue hands,
black letters.
or just make it a limited edition?

Then again, this is only a wish list.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The previous Ikarus is beautiful, but I prefer the rhodium finish of the new one without the seconds register on the outside edge of the dial. I also prefer the black date wheel on the new model and would opt for the standard crown (versus onion crown) were I to order one, and I may do just that soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts