WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Cmity!
have you ever considered the possibility that it might be a fake?
Lee:think:
I think so too...it's too cheap to be an orginal one (well maybe it is!!). The first thing I see when buying anything is the price...if it's too low I wouldn't be sure if it's good...:roll:
Batman

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It sure looks genuine. Are the fakers finally making watches that look exactly like the real thing? I hope not.

Even if it is real it might still be a scam. They might show a pic of the real thing and send a fake. I've read about this happening.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi DigitalQuirk,

I think the seller thought that too, although it's a very recent model. Actually in the past I got a lot of my G-Shock for incedible prices from Germany. Often people bought a G-Shock, tried it on a few times, found it too big on their wrists and dropped it in a drawer. After months they found it and put it on auction.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ok the fact that is original doesnt mean it's in a good condition...for that price I doubt it...it's like someone buys a Rolex for only $40... Buying on the net has its drawbacks so be carefull and always ask everything to the seller...If he gets angry or doesnt respond DONT BUY IT:-D

·
Registered
357 Posts
do they make an atomic solar frogman? and if not , how do u guys know what are the new models available.
No that I know but there are Tough Solar Frogmans...you know what I think...?I think Casio should have an exclusive Frogman's website because the G-shock.com website isn't very informative at all...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Scott,

The GW-200 is the latest Frogman generation. Although the GW in the model number suggests that this model is Tough Solar Waveceptor, it unfortunately isnt. Some models ("Snake Killer" and Carbon Fibre Frog) are even not Tough Solar.

I don't think I'm speaking for myself if we are glad if there is going to be a Frogman that also has the 5 band Waveceptor function.

Casio releases almost every month new models. A bulletin with the new models is published at the beginning of the month. I have a Club-G subscription (a difficult story, you need to fill in a subscription form in Japanese!), so I get an e-mail from the webmaster of www.g-shock.jp when new models are release or something special is coming up. I think there are several other members here subscribed to Club-G, because when I have the mail in my box, someone elso already has posted the updates on the forum.

There are also some shops that sell G-Shock's that publish models before the release (Rakuten?).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dammm!
i was hoping the new frogmans would be cheaper because they werent hard to find.... thanks for your help! i gonna have to decide now between the triple crown frog or a cheap mudman. Do u think one is more durable than the other? also, which antipsychotic drug do u think would treat my rubber watch addiction best? My friends laugh at me bc they have movados and Breitlings.... they just dont get it.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dammm!
i was hoping the new frogmans would be cheaper because they werent hard to find.... thanks for your help! i gonna have to decide now between the triple crown frog or a cheap mudman. Do u think one is more durable than the other? also, which antipsychotic drug do u think would treat my rubber watch addiction best? My friends laugh at me bc they have movados and Breitlings.... they just dont get it.....
Dont lose hope. I scored a TC red frog in mint condition for $105 including shipping recently. The bargains are out there, just need a bit of patience.|>

1 - 20 of 28 Posts